cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

differences between synchronization and persistence

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between the synchronization and persistence? In the case of MI 2.5 What database should be installed on a mobile device?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gopal_jee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have got some information on synchronization and persistence. I just want to elaborate on this....Persistence the term used for middleware i.e. data is persisted in the Replica data Base (RDB). Synchronization is the term used for the device which may or may not persist the data in the middleware. In case of upload data gets persisted in the middleware and in case of download device receives the persisted data from middleware.

Recommended DB for mobile device: For sp 20 or below db2e 8.2.4. and higher 9.1.2.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here i am giving a very basic information on syncronization and persistence:

"Synchronization is a process that ensures a safe and compressed transfer of data between the mobile device and the backend. Modified data is transferred from the mobile device to the backend and vice versa, so that both the mobile device and the backend have the most up-to-date data i;e. both are in sync with each other"

For further refernce, you can view the link:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/21eba3a7-0601-0010-b982-92f1fca3258a&overridelayout=true]

Persistence: This primarily refers to the data storage on the local database and its retrieval. There are some persistence APIs that are used for this feature.Please visit the following thread link:

[]

Hope this would clarify your query. please ask for any further clarificaions.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta Soni

Edited by: Shweta Soni on Dec 29, 2009 9:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can check the below OSS Note to get about the details of the DB2e versions that are supported for various versions SP levels :-

1)SAP Note 1121247 - Usage of IBM DB2e with SAP NetWeaver

Mobile 7.1

2)SAP Note 1121247 - Usage of IBM DB2e with SAP NetWeaver

Mobile 7.1

Please refer to Note 668807 that lists all the restrictions associated with

various versions of DB2e.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Greetson