Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on mappings

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurs

Now i have got a opportunity to work on PI, i have little experience on XI. now in my project, i have to develop a lot interfaces where some in some interfaces i need to take data from SAP system (ie IDOC format) and post it in legacy system folder path and in some interfaces i have do take data from the legacy system folder path and post a idoc into SAP. So i request you to please guide me on the below points

1. There are few types of mappings like graphical mappings, java mapping and abap mapping, so what are the conditions i need to follow to take decision for opting the type of mappings for my interfaces.

2. I want to know the perquisites or precautions which i need to follow which doing the selected mapping type.

3. When comes to IDOC mapping, i want your suggestion about the below poings

a) what precautions i need to take while doing IDOC mappings.

b) please provide me some of your expertise examples which you have done for IDOC mappings or please let me know the link which explains about the step by step procedure for standard IDOC mappings etc.

c) Finally on which conditions i need to select IDOC mappings.

I request you to please understand my situation and guide me accordingly. please correct me if my question is wrong and suggest accordingly. What i would like convey you is like i need to work on interfaces only where 150+ legacy systems are interacting in the landscape with SAP ECC6.0. so my interfaces should take data from legacy and vice - versa, here we will be using PI system as middle ware. so please check accordingly and suggest me the steps which i need to follow to get success in project please.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. There are few types of mappings like graphical mappings, java mapping and abap mapping, so what are the conditions i 
need to follow to take decision for opting the type of mappings for my interfaces.

2. I want to know the perquisites or precautions which i need to follow which doing the selected mapping type.

Answer to both of the above question is level of complexity decides which mapping type to be used.

For easy mapping logic use Message Mapping...for complex logic use XSLT/ JAVA

If you do a search on SDN, you will find the same reason as mentioned above.

3. When comes to IDOC mapping, i want your suggestion about the below poings

To be frank i do not know what an IDOC mapping is (or how to do it in XI). We use the above mentioned mapping types when there is an IDOC involved.....there are no pre-requisites when you have to convert an IDOC into X format or vice-versa....just that you should import the IDOC into Inetgration Repository.

If you are looking for some basic materials then i would suggest search SDN for the same.

If you have any specific doubts on how to achieve a particular mapping logic then post the same, experts will surely help you.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek and guatam

Thanks for your messages which helps me to start up my work. I am sorry for the typo in my question (for abhi).

Reg

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

SAP PI supports following 4 kinds of mappings;

Graphical Mapping (In built UI based tool to map source & target messages)

JAVA Mapping (SAX & DOM)

ABAP Mapping &

XSLT Mapping.

Most Mappings between IDOC & File based scenarios should be achievable using Graphical Mapping.

There is lots of material available on sdn to help you succeed in developing your interfaces. I suggest you search for starter blog seried by Sravya Talanki

You should start developing your interfaces once you get basic idea about your requirements and then you can search or post on sdn about any specific errors that you encounter.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit