cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure RMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I connected the oracle system through connect as / sysdba. Please suggest me how to configure or connect to RMAN .

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

are you aware, that if you are using RMAN manually - you don't get any support by SAP (check sapnote #105047 - Point 47)?

And if you don't know howto connect to RMAN, i highly recommend "Don't do it manually!"

The RMAN implementation in BR*Tools is explained very well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/0e/f10a7443d711d29fef0000e8a5ae06/content.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please notice that Asif is asking "chained questions" as he goes along through his interview question catalogue.

This makes an even bigger mess of the forums and the search (for those who do use it...).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I am not asking interview questions. Basically iam security guy. Now iam handling all basis issue and database issues.

In my organization they have given a task if hard ware or database failure how to restore it. I dont know about oracle now iam learning.

I learned a lot from these forum.

Regards,

Asif

Edited by: Asif Ahamed on Dec 30, 2009 2:09 PM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asif,

you need to get basic BASIS training. Forums are not a substitute to basic training.

go for SAP course ADM100 to start out with.

good luck.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asif, you keep on asking basic one-liner questions.

are these interview questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if people keep on answering them... then there is no reason to stop posting just about any old thought they might have.

Please be more selective about answering very easily searchable questions, and report "repeat offenders" via the "report abuse" button, category "general" or "spam".

Cheers,

Julius