cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional/Required field in OCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to make specific fields (ex:vendor number)opional in OCI without touching the Badi for catalog load?

Thanks, you guys have been great

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa,

By vendor ID I meant BP number.

I found this note as well (487955) but we are upgrading from EBP 3.0 so unfortunately it is not applicable.

Cheers,

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I think I did not give you the whole picture.

We are upgrading from EBP 3.0 to srm 5.0 and in the old system if you entered a vendor ID that did not exist in EBP it would leave the vendor field blank (i.e. would create a purchase req in the backend). We had some dummy items with an attached form in our catalog where you could enter a freetext item and when returning to the sc the system did not find the vendor and you would send it as a purch. req.

In the new version you will get an error message (Partner XXXXXX not found) if the vendor id is filled. I guess I could change the BAdi BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to blank this field if the system cannot find the vendor.

cheers,

Kristoffer

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think system checks the "Business Partner Number" not "Vendor ID". If the vendor id is not equal as business partner you have to convert it in the BADI or update the data in catalog side.

Please check the note 487955 for upgrade problem.

Regards,

Masa

Message was edited by:

Masayuki Sekihara

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Vendor ID is optional.

Here is the OCI documentation :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/97abb390-0201-0010-718f-d6a0d87c...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I havent understood what you mean by optional, every field is optional in the OCI interface, i mean you can leave an attribute, that is defined in the OCI mapping, blank and this field will be left blank in the shopping cart item.

This also means that you could have an item rejected by the checks that SRM do when downloading items from your catalog, this happens for example if you leave the UOM blank.

I think you can leave the vendor blank, keep in mind that you will not be able to have a complete PO from those kind of shopping cart.

Regards, Luciano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Did you solve this? I have the same issue as you had, i.e. I would like to make the vendor number optional in the OCI.

thanks,

Kristoffer