cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 5.0 system / client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are running CRM 5.0 with e-commerce webshop scenario - abap+java system.

the systems are configured in a 3 system landscape.

the QA and prod system have the same client number.

the customer asked to refresh the QA with PROD system.

what is the recommended way to do it?

do i need to do a complete production system copy - export the Prod system using sap tools from sapinst system copy and afterwards do the import into the QA system? - in this case are there any post processing things to be done regarding the NWDI which is configured on the development system and connected to all other landscape systems?also what about post proccessing of the XCS?

the other methood is to do a client copy (just the abap) from the prod to the qa system - will it work?

again - both QA and prod systems have the same client number - originally the QA system was installed using an import from the production (after prod system installation i exported it and imported to the QA system using R3LOAD and jload from the sapinst system copy tools)

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

You can perform normal client copy (as you only want to copy data from source to target)

But it takes much time than system refresh (depends upon your network bandwidth also)

If you are okay with your network performance, then deffenately you can prefer for client copy rather than system refresh.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos
what is the recommended way to do it?

QA refresh using PRO data is the recommended one if you have huge database

Client copy is not recommended one for huge database....

You can find all the pre, post copy steps in standard system copy guide

www.service.sap.com/systemcopy

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

the DB is not big - 48 GB.

the crm is abap+java stacks.

i asked what is the recommended way for such a system (abap+java stack)

will the client copy be enough to refresh all the data (in this way only abap is copied)

don't i need also the java? (basically all the data is in the ABAP) - and in this case i must do a system copy which is far more tricky then a simple abap client copy.

again - the client numbers are the same - there shouldn't be any difference between the QA and the prod systems except for the data -(we are using a catalog with trex)

Please advise

Regards,

Moshe