Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deviation Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How can I address deviation note in QM.

The scenario is like this..

1. When a components is produced in house & if it is rejected QC creates a notification giving part code, rejected qty etc. The responsible person has to fill the cause, activities, tasks etc.

2. But during production if a component found to be out of spec (but can be conditionally accepted), QC wants to create a devation note giving material code, qty, deviation note (reason for conditional acceptance). Pl advice how to address this in SAP.

Thanks

UK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Deviation in our case what we called it as a Devaition acceptece Report (DMR) we have created a customized Notification

type called DMR.

In this Notification we maintained the part number ,code, qty, deviation note and additional information which we wright in long text.In addtion to this we are using referece document as DMS in the same.We have created a Document type as DMS.We create the deviation in company defined formate & upload same in DMS.Object link given to the notification type.

We have maintained the Document flow for the DMS document type,Which can only updated by fixed authorities & viewed by all.

I hope this will add some value.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

1. As per my understanding, we need to have DMS system to upload this Deviation note format (custom format) (Pl correct me if I am wrong). We do not have DMS here.

"In addtion to this we are using referece document as DMS in the same.We have created a Document type as DMS.We create the deviation in company defined formate & upload same in DMS.Object link given to the notification type.

We have maintained the Document flow for the DMS document type,Which can only updated by fixed authorities & viewed by all".

2. Pl suggest whether it is possible to generate 'deviation note' using action box from a notification (eg DMR), like we generate a 8D report.

Thanks

UK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't have DMS then Only notification long text can also used to put the deviation for a perticular Material.

Also as you said if you want to genearte somthing a kind of 8D report then you must enter the deviation some where then only it will appear in any report.

In aforsaid case you may need to create your own smart form & your own fuctio module to exact data.

Your abaper can help you in this.

Regards

Sujit

Answers (0)