cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Implementation for Cement company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want your help. I have been given an opportunity to implement SAP for Cement company.

Being a basis consultant how should i go about it. I have support exp but this is my first implementation so i m bit nervous.

Please help me how to start the process...

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

First you need to understand your roles......there are many phases in an implementation such business blueprint design, technical architecture design, sizing,Scope documentation installation, configuration, system releases, support, testing, go-live checks, go live check implementations, go-live preparations and go-live.......

If you have business blueprint design (usually done by fuctional consultants), you need to have technical architecture designed by Basis. Then there is sizing of the individual systems....

If these are done already then you can directly start with installation of individual systems. A plan is a must. Then the activities as given above will follow....

So first understand your roles and responsibilities in the implementation.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos
First thing you have to check with what kind of system going to install. I mean its DEMO(IDES) or permanent system

Are you encouraging IDES installations for customer use?

its an easy thing. u can do it very easily

Please do not motivate anybody in their way....this may caused to financial loss to customer as well as the vendor

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

Please refer the basic installation guides from service market place and help.sap.com.

First thing you have to check with what kind of system going to install. I mean its DEMO(IDES) or permanent system.

Next about hardware and your system configuration.

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/instguides --- here u can get all the installation guides.. u need S ID(market place id) to access that one.

its an easy thing. u can do it very easily. Just start with reading guides. If u hav any doubt than post your queries..

Wish you all the best on your new work.

With Regards,

CSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It depends upon the modules you want to integrate for example Accounts, Finance..

For the above said modules you can simply install ECC 6.0, or if you have any other non sap system providing some business

data then you can have XI/PI in your landscape.

Before all the action you need to get a fair idea of the sizing of the SAP system for your business according to the exsisting data, no.of users, etc., for this it will be good to do a quick sizing.

Please go through the below link for more details.

http://www.sap-press.de/download/dateien/1318/156_leseprobe.pdf

For Installation you can look into SMP for more detials.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is lot of work for BASIS(at the time of implementation other than installation, configurations,communications)

But do you have business documetns/requirements for implementation....clearly did you follow ASAP methodology?

do not take a chance based on your domain.....SAP is a well integrated solution to implement.....take help from experts(functional)

Regards

Nick Loy