cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While BPM Compilation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am dealing with a BPM scenario, where I have used Multimapping along with ForEach Block. while activating the change list, a warning is popped up telling that the souce and target parameter not set.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It might be the case that you haven't filled the propertied of Transform step in BPM with source and target message names.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes you are correct. Now, its throwing an error " Expression mustn't return multiline value"

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sushama

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Check the container variable you selected as multiline,its not required,uncheck it.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The output of transform step should be a container variable without multiline option ticked.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am unchecking multiline, its giving an error ::

Expression must return a multiline value

No semantic errors found

Please suggest. Since, I have defined a block I think it must be defined?

Thanks & Regards,

Sushama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
where I have used Multimapping along with ForEach Block

Are you having the Transformation Step inside the Block? It should be outside the block.

To check which element should be single/ multi-line and which element should be defined only for the block refer the settings mentioned here: /people/milan.thaker/blog/2008/08/05/modes-in-block-step-of-bpm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have used Transformation outside Block only. Still, its throwing the same error

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sushama

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have defined a block I think it must be defined?

Yes for the Block it must be defined as multiline....however not when you use it in Transormation step.

You have to define two different container variables...one current line (limited to block) and one multi-line....both referencing the same abstract MI....both to be used in the Block.

Now for the Transformation...create another variable with the same MI as above.....it will be single line.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have designed as follows:

1. For Transformation step::

Source Abstract Interface

Target Abstract Interface

2. For ForEach Block:::

Source Abstract Interface

Target Abstract Interface-->multiline

CurrentLine for target interface-->ForEach Block

Is the design correct?

Functionality::

File is being sent and it's split into 2 files, which has to be received by different folders(condition is defined on receiver det under Xpath)

Regards,

Sushama