cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Setup - saposcol problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have done the SMD and willy setup for our MDM system (Non Abap).

The problem we are facing is saposcollector data is not visible in willy web view.

While looking into the agent application log we see following error

"Warning com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction - run(): Action SAPOsCol not running because status is PERMANENT_ERROR"

We are using solman system 7.0 EHP1, SMD Agent 7.01, MDM system 7.1. Saposcol verion 700 patch-159 64 bit.

Need your help to resolve the issue related to oscol and have the oscol data available in willy webview.

Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

please keep in mind that the saposcol on the satellite system and the saposcol of the SMD Agent on the same sattelite system has to be synchronized.

It means you should have the same version, the lastest one, on the satellite system. You do not need to change the version of saposcol on SMD server.

After changing the version of saposcol of the SMD Agent, you have to restart the agent or reboot the applications via SMD -> Diagnostics Administration -> Managed System -> Agent Administration, click on the corresponding SMD agent and select Reboot Agent.

Please check also that the management modules not based on an old version:

In general there are 2 possibilities:

1. Upgrade the Management Module

2. Upgrade of the entire Enterprise Managers

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

Thanks so much for your nice reply.. Could you please help me how can i check the management module versions? And whether they need upgrade or not?

I tried to have the same version for oscol on both the system (managed systen and solman) but same error..

few more details for error..

saposcol exited with error code -999

Error parsing saposcol XML output

Regards

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Hasani on Dec 29, 2009 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How was this issue of Management modules rectified?

Can you please share the information.

Thanks.

Bhaskar