cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fro change in Context of an element, is der any significant change in xsd?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All,

This is regarding context change at element level. My question is - if we change the context of the element... will there be any significant change in xsd? How exactly its been handled at runtime.

Please, i am not talking about the basic definitions of the context.. so please help me out in giving an example( if anyone can, as it helps me understand easily ) wrt to runtime.

Regards

Anu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
will there be any significant change in xsd

Context change does not change the XSD (significantly/ insignificantly)

If there are n source nodes and you want to map the relevant fields from all (or some) of these nodes to the relevant target nodes, then inorder to ensure that the mapping logic scans through all the n records we need to increase context-level/ remove the context.

If you/ your organization has access to TBIT material then refer TBIT41 ..... it has good examples...if no access then you will have to search SDN for blogs/ links for the same.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me try to put the things in point wise...

1.In grapgical mapping the mapping will start from the very first element of Target Structure.

2.According to ur mapping design the Graphical mapping tries to get the things from the source and fulfill the destination structure.

Now the Context change..

1.When u change the context of an element to its parent.. it means that u want to access all the occurence of this element in source which are under the parent node.

Eg: Source...

row

row1

row2

row2

row2

row2

Now if u change the context of row2 to row1 , it will access all the row2 in row1.

so when u map the row2 to any target element now it will get the all row2 in row1 only...

I hope this will answer ur query...

If i am nt clear please post again...

H.L.Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the reply!...

According to your example... "When u change the context of an element to its parent.. it means that u want to access all the occurence of this element in source which are under the parent node.".. but always child elements are visible to the parent node isnt it.. do you mean that it will fool the runtime as if there is no context change b/w parent and child nodes??

- Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Exactly..context change will fool the runtime egine for the element w.r.t to parent and does the same...

Your understanding is correct...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help!!

In this context would like to ask you one more question. Consider the following example

Source:

Idoc 0...unbounded

......... E1KNVVM 0.999

.................. E1KNVPM 0...9999

...................... KUNN2 0...1

Target

Messages 1... 1

......... Msg1 1u20261

.............. Msg2 1u20261

.................. PRTNUM 1... 1

if i map kunn2 to PRTNUM with E1KNVVM as context it was not considering the empty values & in target strct field is not getting created and if i set E1KNVPM as context then its considering and empty fields are created in the target struct.

in the above mapping.. i did chk with proper node functions( used exists and ifels.. etc) for empty values... not facing any problem in rest of the mapping..

can any one explan like how its working...

- Anu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the occurence of your target structure you wont get repeatitions....only one (first) source node will get populated