Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit managment against payment terms and credit limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have two query against credit management

1 Can We maintain credit managment as per payment days. My client want system should give bolck as per payments days,say if payment terms is 30 days and within 30 days customer has not made payment against invoice so sales order should block. ( sales order will create but shown as block)

2 Credit block with ref to credit limit given to customer, they want credit block with reference to open order.open delivery and open invoice. Means system will check all open order,all open deliveries and all open invoice while considering credit limit.and give the block accordingly.

I am sure about credit limit but how to give block according to payment days (payment terms) and how to give path to check all open order,all open deliveries and all open invoice.

waiting for you valuable input.

Thank you

SD Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can control the Credit limit for payment terms through activating the open items in the t code OVA8.

With this the system check the open item s which are due for the customer and blocks the order to perform.

Maintain the update group as 000012 in the T code OVA8 it will check the open order,delivery & billing

if you have any further clarifications let me know

Regards

Damu

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In OVA8, for the combination of credit group & risk category you maintain the following

(1) CHECK against DYNAMIC with reaction C & TICK in BLOCK

NOTE:path to check all open order,all open deliveries and all open invoice is maintained in OB45 (update 000012)

(2) CHECK against OLDEST OPEN ITEM with reaction C & TICK in BLOCK

(do not maintain any value in DAYS OLDEST ITEM, but maintain the payment terms in the Customer master)

for example, block as per payments days,say if payment terms is 30 days and within 30 days customer has not made payment against invoice so sales order will be blocked.

In both the cases ( credit limit and credit period,the sale orders blocked , can be released by VKM3.

Regards,

Hegal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

i too have same scenerio where i need the system to check credit block based on payment terms.I mad ethe configuration as mentioned by you,but system does not block the document even though customer has open items afterdue date also.

Kindly help me.

Regards..,

Karthik

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthikeyan,

what are the settings u have maintained in the OVA8?

plz check whether the credit control area is assigned to the sales area.

also check whethe the customer have a risk category assigned in the FD32 for that particular credit control area.

plz revert back after checking the above things.

Regards,

Hegal

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes credit control area has been assigned to Sales Area.In OVA8 the update is 000012,dynamic is c & oldest open item is C

Kindly confirm is there any other settings to be configured

Regards..,

Karthik

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have u maintained the payment terms for the customer?

In FD32,extras are u having any value/date in the Oldest Open item?

If there is no value against the oldest open item in FD32, then run RVKRED77/ RVKRED88 for the customer.

And then do a cycle again.

Regards,

Hegal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could find a user exit for achieving this.Is it possible to achieve my requirement through configuration.

Regards..,

Karthik

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthikeyan,

Yes, it is possible to have credit check based on payment terms in standard configuration.

Could u mention what all settings have u maintained , point by point so that we can know which step /setting u might have

not done.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mate,

In OVA8 transaction I have maintained Credit control area/Risk category/Credit grp combination

and in settings

NO credit check 1

Item check activated

Checks:

Ststic activated Reaction : A Block activated

I have tried with changing checks to dynamic /Critical issues/oldest open item etc still not working

Plz help me

Regards..,

Karthik

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Click on Dynamic check with reaction C or D based on requirement .

Click on OLDEST OPEN ITEM and maintain the days.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in automatic credit check use Static check plus openitems will sufficient your client needs.

Which includes- open orders, deliverires, open invoices plus open items.

you can also control open items % ( in your case 100%) and No of days -nil

Thanks

Chidamabram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your valuable inputs.,

I will check and revert you back.

bye

SD Consultant