Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Group & TBRG

yugoshimomura
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello. I wonder what case should I create records into TBRG for.

Generally, authorization group works when I set it to master record (e.g.vendor, customer,account code) and role (from PFCG).

But, in some case, It is required to insert authorization group and its text to TBRG.

Please tell me weather TBRG setting is essencial or not .

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 28, 2009 6:13 PM

Table name corrected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yugoshimomura
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but "TBRD" is my mistake. "TBRG" is correct table.

7 REPLIES 7

yugoshimomura
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but "TBRD" is my mistake. "TBRG" is correct table.

0 Kudos

Hi Yugo,

Table TBRG - Contains all authorization groups and gives information about relation between authorization object and authorization group. Hence its very much necessary you maintain the authgroups in this table.

Also if you want it to appear as a pick list when you click F4 in the DICBERCLES field in object S_TABU_DIS then you should have those valuse maintained in table:TBRG.

There are several threads based on your query which are already answered. just search by "TBRG Auth Groups" in the same forum.

Hope it helps.Let us know if you need any more information from our side.

0 Kudos

go through this link

[Click on the TBRG link|;

I hope it gives you some details about authorization group. Authorization group in table TBRG assigned to tables in table TDDAT via transaction SE54.

0 Kudos

Akshay, thank you for your reply. I'd like to ask you an additional question.

I know the relationship between DICBERCLES field in object S_TABU_DIS and TBRG.

But how about other authorization objects such as F_BKPF_BLA? It has authorization group "BRGRU".

And, It works correctly without TBRG setting, when I set the same value into both this object and transaction OBA7.

So, I think there are some case that TBRG setting isn't required.

What do you think ?

0 Kudos

G K Raja, thank you for your reply.

I looked at the article from your link, and it's very helpful.

Please confirm my understanding.

As a result, to make authorization group work, TBRG is required.

In some cases, TBRG records are set automatically by SAP standard function such as transaction FD01, FK01, FS01, OBA7.

And In other cases, I must insert records from SM30 through the view V_TBRG.

Is it right ?

0 Kudos

It might not always be required, and possibly an F4 search help might not always have been programmed even... but it does make your life much easier and your system more consistent.

If you do not use it, then your system will gradually be infultrated by typing errors and guess-work...

If the system gives a warning message that the check table is not maintained, then also in the case of TBRG and TBRGT it is best to heed those warnings and not accept them.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you veru much, Julius.

I'll judge it by requirements for our project.

And, thank you all.

Yugo.