cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing Delivery block in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Here is a requirement where Sales order is first created with delivery block for reason Credit check and to be released only by other user after checking the payment received.

Can we assign authorisation at field level

Can anybody suggest suitable solution

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can sales head know when payment is received? It seems usual that credit control only will know when payment has been made and can release the order. It is not normal from audit rules (segregation of duties) to allow sales to make credit releases. Of course as last contributor said if customer decides then could allow Sales head authorisation to VKM4/VKM5 to release the order, but that would allow any credit release.

There is otherwise no standard way to manage your requirement.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

First of all Thank you very much for the replies

Actually there is no credit management .. Here the situation is My client is the machine manufacturer who sells Industry Machineries. Usual Practice is to collect advance of 30-40% along with Order and balance before Delivery. Sales Executives will follow customer for advance and Balance payments. Once Received Sales head takes the decision of dispatching the machine. Sometimes he decides for the customer who has pending payments also. hence I mentioned Sales head to release. Configuring Credit limit and automatic checking may not be suitable for this Customer. I am thinking of giving authorisation of VA02 only to Sales Head so that he simply changes the delivery block tab and save the order.

I am configuring like this I will update after testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one suggestion for your requirement

Create a transaction variant through t-code SHDO and made the block as invisible (output only)

After that u assign the users in the variant group in SHD0 and assign the users for whom it should be visible.

With this when ever the sales man check the oder the block will be in display mode and the sales head opens the sales order i t will be in changeble mode

if you have any further clarifications let me know

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

If you configure automatic credit control by cca+ Crisk category and credit grouop

and maintain custmer credit in fd32, then the sales head may release thenm thru vkm4/ vkm5 etc. U have to activate credit check in vov7 and maintain check credit limit & credit group from vov8. maintain credit control area in customer master billing

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the right way to handle the requirement. You should use payment terms of "Prepayment". With these payment terms, the customer should be set without a credit limit. The order will be blocked due to credit check on creation, which can only be released by credit control department after payment has been received. When the order is created you issue a proforma invoice to the customer for the advance payment.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your Reply

I do agree.. But Customer requires/feels the sales Head can decide whether the order can be delivered or not upon receiving the payment .. That's why I had asked authorisation about field level.

Is there any other solution for this

Sriram