Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Exception during application mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts,

Here my scenarios are idoc to idoc.

and idoc to file

When i execute the test config in integ Dir, for above scenarios.

it shows following errror

Runtime error

Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_FILE_MM_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Premature end of file.

i checked even while creating mapping program and interface mapping. It shows executed succesfully.

Can anybody give me a solution.

(Note: This is first scenario for freshly installed PI 7.1)

Thanks

Edited by: Raja Mohamed Ibrahim on Dec 27, 2009 4:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the inbound payload from MONI and test it in mapping under test Tab. When you execute the mapping then you can see what data or field is creating a problem.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While importing idoc structure to message mapping, if i click the icon generate instance, the xml instance not genereted

do we need to configure anything?

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont why imported structure in message mapping??are using External definiton for IDoc ?If yes then check the IDoc valid XML or XSD or DTD.Better to import it from SAP system.

just use map all fileds one to one function in message mapping,it maps the all fields.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am not importing any files to message mapping. i saved as a xml file just for test configurationin directory.

i did map all fileds one to one function in message mapping , it shows same error.

Thanks

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

refer abhishek replay,if any special characters in data we shuould handle it.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply, still i couldnt find the error, let it be there.

Now i have done simple file to file(xml file) scenario with 4 fields. from PI application server to PI app.server . both send and receiver fields are same ,following is my xml file content.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:SEN1_MT xmlns:ns0="urn:jjsea.com/jjchem">

<ORDERS>

<ORDER>

<mat_name>Raja</mat_name>

<mat_quantity>345</mat_quantity>

<mat_price>10000</mat_price>

</ORDER>

</ORDERS>

</ns0:SEN1_MT>

using above content i did test config in ID it shows following error

Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_SEN1_REC1_MM_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.

In interface mapping test tab, i pasted above content instead of following content (Instance "Internal resource)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:SEN1_MT xmlns:ns0="urn:jjsea.com/jjchem">

<ORDERS>

<ORDER>

<mat_name/>

<mat_quantity/>

<mat_price/>

</ORDER>

</ORDERS>

</ns0:SEN1_MT>

and i executed , after few seconds it sows executed succesfully.

kindly advise me

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
using above content i did test config in ID it shows following error
In interface mapping test tab, i pasted above content instead of following content (Instance "Internal resource)
and i executed , after few seconds it sows executed succesfully

It may indicate that you have used different objects while configuring the ID objects.

Are you using the same Message Interfaces in IR and ID....refering the same Message Types (make sure that namespaces are not different in IR and ID)

Did you try executing the scenario end-to-end?

(Note: This is first scenario for freshly installed PI 7.1)

Can you confirm from the BASIS team that the installation was done properly and also the post-installation steps were followed?

If you are getting the same error for all the interfaces then it means that either installation has some problem or the way of execution is at fault.

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This problem occurs when

1)The Inbound payload is not correct or well formed,check your Inbound payload.

2)The Inbound payload has any special characters ,eeven in this sace also error occurs.

I think in your case IDoc structure not matching with imported IDoc,Check once again and test the interface with Inbound Payload from MONI.

Regards,

Raj

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Raj,

Check whether all the Mandatory fields has value

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekar,

Thanks for your imm reply

Now i am doing the scenario idoc to idoc for testing purpose. i am using the same R/3 for both sender and receiver

i am sending the idoc orders.orders5 as well as receiving, so both outbound and inbound structures are same. i copied inbound payload from moni and save as a xml file in local system.when i am saving xml file, it shows errors in special charcter like '&' and '/' , i removed

spec.char. saved as a xml. In message mapping i imported the xml file and executed.

it shows the foillowing error.

Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document

(The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.)

Can help me out.

Thanks

Raja

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document

> (The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.)

Hi ,

When you get above error,it means the output XML after executing mapping its not genarating Valid XML Structure.

check your mapping,and if soure and target same means just do one to one maping for all fields,tehn problem will solve.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I selected dependency icon for one to one field mapping in mapping program. it shows the following same error.

Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document

(The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.)

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it shows errors in special charcter like '&' and '/' , i removed
spec.char. saved as a xml. In message mapping i imported the xml file and executed

Before executing the mapping did you switch to the tree view for the source message? You will get the error at this stage saying XML not well formed.

Since you have Special Characters in the input payload, you have to handle them using JAVA mapping...for more information refer:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Show Dependencies/ generate Instance wont cause any functionality change in your mapping logic.

Regards,

Abhishek.