SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Storage Locations in a Store

gkathotia
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am mapping a Fuel Tanks (e.g. say 6 kerosene tanks, 5 diesel tanks, 4 petrol tanks) as organizational structures in SAP IS Retail ( We are NOT using SAP Oil & Gas). We are thinking of mapping the 15 tanks as above as 15 storage locations withing a store.

Now, there will be a POS system in this store where the sales of the 3 articles as above will be done.

Now lets say we sell Diesel through any of the the 5 diesel tanks. How can I specify in my POS/WPUBON (receipt wise sales) that the sale is to happen through a given storage location (say Diesel Tank #2) since the Goods Issue for the store in SAP Retail as a part of POS Inbound (through 251 movement type) will have to knock the inventory off from the particular storage location only? In any case, in my POS Inbound profile, I can give 1 default storage location.

In a nutshell, what is the best/standard way to specify the storage location for POS sales for an article which is carried in multiple storage locations in that store? (if I were to have handled this through SAP SD standard sales process, I could have chosen the storage location manually)

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Kathotia

Edited by: Gaurav Kathotia on Dec 27, 2009 9:07 AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement is very interesting, i have no idea much on this, but still try give solution....

As you said movement type 251 pick from store and particlular storage location, so you dont have option to pick from disel or petrol storage location (if you create stg locations)so,

what I am suggesting is that, let artilce discription should be Disel or petrol with their unit of measures( Liter), Keep the inventory as their Artilce number with quanity you reviced in partilcular store/stog.location(no need to create separate stg locs for diesel and petrol) treat as normal and so from article discription you can identify you are selling petrol or disel with quanity.

Steps

1)Create Merchandise categery and hierachy as a fuel or as your business requirement,

2)Ceate above articles with art catg - single artilce, under above merch category.

3) Maintian sales price (in article or VKP1)

4)Do the GR(IM) then run the sales in POS and test it

let me know any questions on this

regards

satish