Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tansfer of new characteristics combination in planning book

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have 3 characteristics in Product allocation - Product , location and Product family (Z field in Extra view of product master) . This Z field in mapped to info cube. Like to know the steps / Transactions to be run , to generate the characteristics and upload it to planning area / book , if the value in Z field is changed.What will be also the right process to delete the obsolete characteristics combination.

Also find that data from Planning area is not being transferred through 'Publish' functionality i.e values are not apparing in // MC62 . Getting a message on 'Publish' that '5 Combinations with these values still exist'.

Request you to help on above . Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Mrinal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to use the re-align functionality to change the CVC's in the planning area (transaction /n/sapapo/rlgcopy). With regard to deletion of obsolete CVC's, you can use a 'Status' characteristic denoted by either 'Y' (Active) or 'N' (Inactive), which should be determined by business.

'Publish' is used to transfer transactional data from SCM to ECC - why do you want to 'publish'?

Trust that helps.

Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Nair on Dec 30, 2009 12:33 AM

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for yr reply . Wish you a very happy new year.

Characteristics combinations goes to planning area / book by /ATPQ_CHKCHAR and then /ATPQ_PAREA_C. But when I change the characteristics in a particular product , then it does not get reflected in planning corresponding to that product .

Once , the product allocation qty is changed in planning book , then that needs to be published , I thaink.Is not it?.

With regards,

Mrinal