cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Publish a Webservice for a service definition in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL

I am trying to get the WSDL URL to provide to Enterprise portal.

Can you please help me with steps on how this can be done using PI 7.1 Service registry.

Currently I am assuming we can use the PI 7.1 Service registry to publish web Service.

If my assumption is true, how do I get the WSDL URL from PI 7.1.So, that I can provide this WSDL URL to enterprise portal and using they can get to PI using this WSDL URL for specific service interface created on PI 7.1.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please make sure in your PI Netweaver Administration Destination Template has [UDDI_DESTINATION and CLASSIFICATION_DESTINATION|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/eb/20b86b96b1494faec272c34f100635/content.htm] created and has configuration for [central service registry|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/47/d391d7b8fc3c83e10000000a42189c/content.htm] done.

Also make sure in your service registry (http://<host>:<port>/sr) that these services do not exist before you try to publish it.

HTH

Jinal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!!! Jinal ... That was exactly what we needed to do and it worked

Regards,

Ritu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! Jinal

That was perfect!

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Ritu,

>>I am trying to get the WSDL URL to provide to Enterprise portal.

A standard approach

>>Can you please help me with steps on how this can be done using PI 7.1 Service registry.

Using the end point url

>>Currently I am assuming we can use the PI 7.1 Service registry to publish web Service

Yes

>>how do I get the WSDL URL from PI 7.1.So, that I can provide this WSDL URL to enterprise portal and using they can get to PI >>using this WSDL URL for specific service interface created on PI 7.1.

If you want WSDL file as abhi mentioned - ID --> Tools --> WSDL , If you are lloking for Service go ahead from the EP

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response! Doss

However, I am still experience problem creating a Webservice system using the WSDL url as suggested above.Please, let me know if you have any suggestions (details mentioned response above).

Thanks again,

Ritu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Currently I am assuming we can use the PI 7.1 Service registry to publish web Service.

WSDL can be published even without Service Registry......procedure same as it was in SAP PI7.0 .... ID --> Tools --> Display WSDL.

Or you can even get the WSDL from Sender Agreement: /people/vikas.aggarwal/blog/2009/10/05/generating-wsdlsoap-url-on-pi-71

If you want to make use of Service Registry then refer: /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/02/27/publish-services-from-pi-71-to-the-service-registry

Search will give you many more such Documents/ blogs.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev

Thank you for your response!

So, do I have to deploy Web service in EP and create web service in NWDS to achieve this (is this the only way)....

Instead can use the Service Registry in PI 7.1. As, the UI is being developed in Visual Composer and all I need to provide is the WSDL URL under the property Editor of System Administration.

Please, let me if there is any way and the steps involved in getting the WSDL URL from my service interface in PI 7.1.

Thank you,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu ,

You should deploy the webservice in EP. and then you will get a URL.

You can use NWDS to create webservice and deploy it then you will get URL automatically,

Hope this is simple process to get the work done .

Thanks ,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your response! Dev

I did get the WSDL url from the sender agreement as mentioned and also published it on service registry.

However, I am still experience problems as my webservice URL is not able to connect. Could this be b'cos my portal box is on EP 7.0 and PI is 7.1. In this case is there anything I need to take care of in terms:

How to define a web service system in EP 7.0 to connect to PI 7.1.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritu,

I would advise testing your Web service using the Web Service Navigator. If that is able to hit it then even EP 7.0 should be able to hit it. What error do you observe when trying to consume it from EP?