cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

please guide me how can i good receipt one Handling unit from inbound delivery that it has some handling unit?

best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramin,

As of SAP R/3 4.7, you can post a partial goods receipt for inbound deliveries. If the receiving storage location is Handling Unit managed, you will anyway get a separate transfer order for every HU assigned to the inbound delivery. Before confirming a transfer order, just set the indicator 4 in the "Adopt putaway qty" field. The goods receipt for the handling unit is then posted automatically after the confirmation of its transfer order. If this is supposed to be the standard procedure, you could set the indicator for the relevant movement type(s) in view V_T3333.

Best regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vl06i item view will also allow partial GR on an inbound delivery. Very helpfull.

binayak_ghosh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing similar problem , I am unable to do Partial GR for Inbound Deliveries containing Handling Unit. My scenario is IS Retail stock transfer from DC to Store. As stores are not WH managed, I will not be able to create TO.

Can you please help me on this.

REgards,

BInayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramintuga,

Packing delivery items is carried out right in the delivery itself. From the overview screen, choose Edit -> Pack in order to access the packing screen. Anyway prior to allow the packing, you have to first define the allowed Packaging material type in IMG, and assigning it to the 'Material Group Packaging Materials' in the following :

IMG -> Logistic General -> Handling Unit Management -> Basics -> Define Allowed Packaging Materials

Note: Material Grp Packaging Material should be assigned in the Material master, and number assignment for the relevant packaging material type should also be assigned properly. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VL32N click on pack button and create HU here.

Now do putaway and PGR for delivery.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear VS

thanks for reply but i asked another qquestion

suppose we have one inbound delivery that contain 3 handling unit how can i GR one handling unit and not GR completely inbound delivery and in the next time i must be able GR second handling unit.

best regards

ramin

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The quality of answer may depend on the quality of the question.

You can do GR against inbound delivery based on HU. In transaction MIGO choose A01-R04, give the inbound delivery number and put a flag in "Via Handling Units" checkbox.

When ihitting enter key a window will pop up in which you can select the HUs against which the GR should be posted.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I tried to simulate this scenario in my system as you suggested, It was giving the following error.

Packing can only be updated via inbound delivery dialog, Message no. VLA311

What could be the reason?

Ramintuga: Could you solve this problem? Please share the sol. woth us & close the thread.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

Thanks for your remark.

I was mistaken. When I checked it in MIGO and I saw that it is possible to select the HUs I thought there might be no problem...

But as per OSS note 1384533 it is not possible (in this scenraio) to update the packaging status of the IBD in transaction MIGO. Message VLA311 cannot be controlled in SPRO > Logistics Execution > Shipping > System Modifications > Specify Characteristics for System Messages.

Ramin,

You can do GR against HU in transaction VL60 or VL60P. Select the IBD on the left navigation panel --> double click --> you will get the details on the right --> choose "GR for Partial Quantities" from the drop-down menu of "Goods Receipt" icon --> select the suitable HUs and post the goods movement.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 3, 2010 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba

thanks a lot for your response

i tried but we don't have transaction VL60 or VL60P

we use sap R/3 Enterprise Release 4.7

Please guide me

best regards

Ramin