cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation on one field of multi-valued tuple

Former Member
0 Kudos

My dear MDM experts,

We are using MDM 7.1 Sp03 (Server version 7.1.03.45).

We are using standard business content for the Vendor master data.

As we all know that the business content for vendor master has been enhanced for the SP3 and all the qualified lookups are replaced with the Tuples.

Now we have Phone numbers as the Tuple (multi-valued) and it has got the following fields as the part of the tuple:

1. Complete phone number

2. Is SMS enabled

3. Is standard phone number

4. phone extension etc.,

But our requirement is that the complete phone number should not have any special characters or alphabets. It should only contain the numbers.

For this i was try to write a validation and in the validation expression, it is not showing me any of the member fields.

It only shows Phone Numbers[Record]. BUT this is not the case with single valued Tuple field.

Even when I select Phone Numbers[Record] for the multi-valued Tuple, it throws an error all the time irrespective of there being being an actual error or not . I am not able to understand how is that validating the tuple field.

Kindly help me understand the validation run on the Multi valued Tuple field.

Also please provide the validation if it is available to validate only one member field of a multi valued tuple.

All your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Please refer to [SAP Note 1344841|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1344841] for instructions how to create a

validation on a tuple member field.

Best regards,

Idan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Idan,

Thankyou very much

Sravan

Answers (0)