cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the differnce between APO key figure and BW key figure.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just had a first hand experience. This is my first project on DP and I had to create a few InfoObjects to add to the Planning Area. I did so, and when it prompted BW or APO, I took the BW route. Everything was fine until I tried to load the data into the Planning ARea from an InfoCube. The Planning book errored out as COM error. When I did the Consistency check on the PA is when I found that I got an error saying that the Key figure description for all the KF I created did not exist in liveCache. I had to delete the InfoObjects and when I created them again I had to choose APO. Then everything worked fine.

The other area you may be aware is while you create a DataSource of the Planning ARea. You need to use the transport associated with the DataSource specific for PA instead of the transport you regularly use. If you do not transport a DS of a PA the right way, the transport will be incomplete. Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Narayanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose I am getting the transactional data from flat file then in which key figure we should get?

Is it true that the values coming from outside is stored in BW Key Figure and then we will have to get these values in APO Key figure to use in PA ?

Thank you very much in advace.

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you look into this thread

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

BW Key figure denotes that the object is assigned to BW application

and APO key figure denotes that the object is assigned to APO

applications (like DP, SNP etc.,)

BW objects in the customer name range, meaning objects whose

names begin with a character from ABC...Z, can not, for this reason,

be assigned clearly to a BW application (SAP BW, SAP APO, ...).

It must therefore be noted, to which BW application each BW object

is to be assigned. The assignment will be ascertained when it is created

in the dialog and stored in the primary table for BW objects.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I am not able to understand what you are trying to explain.

Why do we get the option to select from APO Key Figure and BW Key figure ?

What is the purpose behind it?

Please explain it in simple words so that I can ( new comer in APO ) understand.

Thanks in advance,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system asks you to choose between an APO key figure and a BW key figure, choose APO key figure. This allows you to use the APO functions for key figures such as fixing. You opt for BW while creating infocubes.

Cheers

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Please explain the meaning of APO function " Fixing". What is the purpose of this function ? how this function is used ?

Please explain it ?

The same thing is avaiable in SAP HELP but this forum is meant for discussion where we can get the chance to interact with real time professionals.

Thanks in advance,

Prabhat