cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 5 Installation - Kernel DVD incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are installing ECC 5.0 IDES on MaxDB/Windows 2003 x64 server and are getting stuck with Incorrect Kernel DVD specified. We tried with Unicode as well as Non-Unicode options and gave all the downloaded DVD's but it seems all downloaded DVD's are not the right DVD's for this Kernel.

We tried the following Kernel DVD's and they are not correct:

51030720_1 to 51030720_8

Can anyone guide us as which DVD is the correct DVD for Kernel that we can download: 6.40:UKERNEL:*:AMD64 ?

Thanks,

Sangita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERP 2004 IDES kernels are 51030763_x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply but I don't see this DVD listed for IDES download under SAP ERP 2004 -> Windows Server -> SAP DB. I found this DVD for Oracle Kernel and I needed for MaxDB or SAPDB. I needed this Kernel DVD for ECC 5 Windows 2003 x64 MaxDB installation.

Regards,

Sangita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

I think X64 windows edition with MAX DB is not supported for ECC5 release.

Please check the description of Kernel DVD. It does not list X64 windows version for MAXDB. It only lists IA64 version.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how can we have ECC5 on NT x64? We are trying to install IDES and PI 7.0 on same system with MaxDB. Can anyone suggest alternative method of installing IDES with PI 7.0? We don't want to install ECC 6.0.

Thanks,

Sangita

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I think X64 windows edition with MAX DB is not supported for ECC5 release.

http://service.sap.com/pam is the place to look that up, not the kernel DVDs.

ECC 5.0 is supported on Windows 2003 x64 with MaxDB 7.6 and MaxDB 7.7.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So how can we have ECC5 on NT x64?

Read the installation guides and the installation notes mentioned within.

> We are trying to install IDES and PI 7.0 on same system with MaxDB. Can anyone suggest alternative method of installing IDES with PI 7.0?

PI 7.0? That product does not exist. There is an XI 3.0 (based on Netweaver 6.40) and a PI 7.1 based on Netweaver 7.10.

> We don't want to install ECC 6.0.

You don't "want"?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

>PI 7.0? That product does not exist. There is an XI 3.0 (based on Netweaver 6.40) and a PI 7.1 based on Netweaver 7.10.

Sorry to disagree : I have a productive PI 7.0 system sending daily orders on the internet with the B2B Rosettanet protocol !

Regards,

Olivier