Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am sorry if this is repetitive.

I have 2 types of materials T1, T2. Within each type 2 colors, RED, WHITE. I made the following matrix. Also assume that the workcentre processes only T1 and T2 types. Pl let me know if this is okay.

from to time hr Type

- T1 0.5

- T2 0.5

T1 T2 10

T2 T1 12

T1 T1 0

T2 T2 0

red white 2 E

white red 1 E

Thanks

Mano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mano,

Is your objective, when you move from T1-RED to T2-WHITE the setup time is 2 mins, while in a normal situation movement from T1 to T2 (of any other colour) will take 10 mins of setup time?

If this is true, then the above representation of setup matrix is correct.

Please note that transition type plays a vital role if you plan to use the setup keys. E denotes the exception from a normal behaviour between 2 setup groups.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

With the E type, I was hoping T1 RED to T1 WHITE transition to be 2 units, whereas the regular T1 to T1 is zero. I am looking for a sub-group RED, WHITE within each main groups T1 and T2.

Your inputs are welcome..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear. Few questions

T1 and T2 are product master in APO?

two colours within t1 and t2 are represented by variants?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

T1,T2 are setup groups and the colours are setup keys within T1, T2. I'e T1 will have RED and white coloured products, T2 also will have RED and white coloured products.

My aim is to group process/planned orders so that the setup time will be minimum (using PPDS Optimizer)

Your inputs are welcome..