cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Penality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I want to configure penalty in SAP.i have one scenario and want to configure in SAP.if i am making sales order requested delivery date is there & i have to deliver material on that date to the customer.but if i am not able to deliver that material on requested date because of any reason then customer will charge on company .charge will be applicable after requested delivery date onwards. may be customer provide some more days to deliver that material like 2 days or 3 days after requested delivery date,then after that customer will charge on company.

how can i configure this procedure in SAP.

Regards

Ajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you have to create a zee table wherein, you have to capture data like

a) Sold To Party or Ship To Party Code

b) Item Ordered

c) Quantity

d) Requested Delivery Date

e) Penalty Percent / Amount

f) Actually Delivered

Though you can capture all the above data from VBAP but for the last two, in order to calculate penalty, you have to have a zee table.

As and when delivery is generated for the above customer, system should look for field WADAT_IST from LIKP table and this date should store in the above table under column "F".

Now system should calculate the number of days from Requested Delivery Date to Actually Delivered Date and arrive at a value. Based on this value, penalty can be paid.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi,

this is very helpful answer.

Means i have to create Z table with given field name,it is required?.i have little doubt.

system will take WADAT_IST(actual delivery date) from LIKP. is this field available in VBAK or VBAP table or not?

requested delivery date & actual delivery date both are different or same.for penalty percent is it required to add condtion type in pricing procedure?if it is, how can system take this condition type along with actual delivery date.

what is column "F"?

one more doubt i have for calculating penalty,system taking days between requested delivery date to actual delivery date for calculation.but at the time of agreement with the customer,customer told me that i will give 3 more days to delivery the material then i will charge.but in sales order actual delivery date is same & after 3 days penalty will be calculate.means chrgable date & requested date both are different.

if possible kindly explain in details.

Regards

Ajit

Edited by: SAP SD AJIT on Dec 25, 2009 10:48 AM

Edited by: SAP SD AJIT on Dec 25, 2009 11:17 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is this field available in VBAK or VBAP table or not?

No it will not be available in either of these tables. But as you would be aware in normal circumstances, this Actual GI Date is nothing but your invoice date (FKDAT) and you can even consider this. But if the end user key in mnaually the billing date, then the report will give a different information.

requested delivery date & actual delivery date both are different or same

Requested delivery date is the date we require the item to be delivered and the actual delivery date will not be the same in most of the cases. So it will be different

penalty percent is it required to add condtion type in pricing procedure?

Not necessary. From this table itself, you can maintain the percent and generate a report and based on that cumulative value, payment can be passed

what is column "F"?

The date on which the item is delivered actually

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

means i can directly make entry in z table.percentage of penalty directly entered in table.so how can i link this z table through sales order & delivery.why i am asking because already we are using numbers of table like VBAK,VBAP,LIPS etc.so how this z table we link.

calculation of penalty & linking of Z table i am not able to understand & where i can give percentage og penalty.

still i am in confusion.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your existing routine, you have to write this logic such that as and when delivery is posted for goods issue via VL02N, system should in the background update this zee table. Tell this logic to your ABAPer who can assist you.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

which routine you are talking,in copying control routine or something else..is it possible to use routine(in requirement column) in pricing procedure along with new condition types(penalty)

and in this routine we write the program which is linked to actual delivery date & requested delivery date & on the basis of this this penalty condition type calculating the value.apart from this we can add new tab in sales order where we can add new date if customer given me extra days for delivery the material.

kindly suggest me.

Regards

Ajit

Edited by: SAP SD AJIT on Dec 25, 2009 2:30 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VTLA whatever routine you maintained at header level, as I said above, ask your ABAPer to include the logic in that routine.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

whatever you are suggested,i checked each & everything & i checked routine also in VTLA.

my ABAPer & me are confused how will get this value(penalty value ) in invoicing

because at the time of invoicing i have to pay this penalty to the customer.i am not able to understand the linking of penalty to z table.because it is calculating on difference day with applied penalty.

if it is possible kindly suggest me.

Regards

Ajit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry it should have been VTFL and not VTLA. Calculation logic should be FKDAT from VBRK table minus WADAT from VBEP. This will be the total number of days taken to execute the order. You have to arrive the difference from the zee table

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

because of my mistake i selected answered but it is not answered.

extremely sorry for that.