cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date meaning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1 may i know what is first date in VA03 item overview tab?

2 may i know what is delivery date in VA03 shedule line?

3 what is the difference between these 2 date?

thanks

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Date in the Overview tab is u2018Requested delivery dateu2019. This is the date requested by the user. For example, the user can enter todayu2019s date as u2018Req. Delivery Dateu2019. But, the system calculates the delivery date based on other activities like picking, packing etc. In short, the requested delivery date is proposed by user. Date in Schedule line is the delivery date determined by the system.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just press F1 on both these fields and go through the SAP explanation. If you are not clear on that, let me know.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i not clear from F1 help only i ask here.

i infact a bit confused of these 2 dates which explained by sap.

thanks

rgds

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System will propose a default date which is nothing but the Requested Delivery Date when you create a sale order. This is infact, depends on your VOV8 setting where you should have ticked the box "Propose deliv.date".

Delivery Date in schedule line tab is the field through which, you can define only on those specified dates, delivery should happen.

Consolidating both the above explanations, let us assume, you create a sale order today (25th) via VA01. So the first date would be 25-12-09. Now go to schedule line tab where also you can see the same date. Below that you can maintain different dates with multiple quantities and by doing so, goods issue can be posted only on those specified dates.

Hope you are clear now.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi