Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding JAVA to existing SAP ABAP SYSTEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have Windows Server 2003 64 bit with database oracle 10 G. SAP ECC6.0 SR2

I have SAP ABAP SYSTEM INSTALLED with SID DEV now i have to add java to it...as we all know that java addin is no more recommended by SAP we have to install complete JAVA STACK with different SID and separate instance ...My query is .. IS MCOD installation is recommeded or i have to install separate oracle software for this....I think MCOD is more easier and also it will use less recources as compare to separate database..

What is more recommended and right to do ??

Regards,

VP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP recommends separating JAVA stack from ABAP stack (except in a few scenarios such as PI).

It is way better to install JAVA standalone, preferably in a standalone server.

If this is not possible for you, install on your DEV server and DO NOT install it as an add-in. refer to Markus' answer about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> SAP recommends separating JAVA stack from ABAP stack (except in a few scenarios such as PI).

>

Hi Eric,

As you said SAP recommends separating JAVA stack from ABAP stack ..I am doing that ..because my SID is different and instance no. is different then the previous one like . Abap stack's SID is DEV ,instance no. 00 and JAVA stack's SID is DJV,instance no. 01..

The only thing remains same here is the database.....

Regards,

-VP

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok then,

seperate the database as well.

I recommend to install Oracle once again for your new SID with a new ORACLE_HOME.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> .. IS MCOD installation is recommeded or i have to install separate oracle software for this....I think MCOD is more easier and also it will use less recources as compare to separate database..

I wouldn't go for MCOD. In case of upgrades you will need to always keep in mind that a simple shutdown of the database is not possible because the other instance running with the same database.

I would install a second ORACLE_HOME and clearly separate ABAP from Java; this makes maintenance easier.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think someone found the solution/suggetion for same query...

388866 - Multiple Components on One Database - Installation

[MCOD |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dbos?rid=/webcontent/uuid/80d0613c-b806-2a10-2891-aae5bbcd1a79] [original link is broken];

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ???

Regards,

VP