cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 installation using EHPI : Error message: DDIC password does not work:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are upgrating enhancement packages 4 using EHPI in 64 bit server. I am facing this error in Extraction phase , I have to provide DDIC / SAPServiceSID/ DB specific , next says ddic password is not correct. But when i tried to login with the same password into 000 client, it works. But when through EHPI , it throws error. Kidnly check the error and please suggest me ... Thanks in advance..

-

Error message: DDIC password does not work: RFC call to failed with key RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION (open): SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM DEST=R3D, GWHOST=SAPRBSBD-01, GWSERV=sapgw00, SYSNR=00 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner 'SAPRBSBD-01:3300' not reached TIME Thu Dec 24 12:27:13 200 RELEASE 710 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 39 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 3147 DETAIL NiPConnect2: 192.168.1.40:3300 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10051 ERRNO TEXT WSAENETUNREACH: Network is unreachabl.

-

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your problem is not with the DDIC password

Is this the host name SAPRBSBD-01

Try telnet SAPRBSBD-01:3300 from the installation command prompt.( i mean stop the ehpi installater and try telnet from command prompt) .

See whether u can telnet to the port . if not , the problem is with the host name , see whether you are able to telnet with the Fully qualified domain name.

Also confirm whether your hostname indicated isright.

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

DDIC pwd for 001 is not same as 001,Will that be a problem ? But the Extraction requests for DDIC 000 client password. Are you sure UME comes into this scenario ?

@ Raghu - I have checked the link and it speaks about the resetting the EHPI. I dont want to reset and want to solve ddic password error.

Sorry if am wrong

@ Gerard,

Yes the hostname is SAPRBSBD-01.I am able telnet the IP 3300 and it works fine. FQDN SAPRBSBD-01.chen.local. The smicm service entries are with SAPRBSBD-01 but not with FQDN. Changing it to FQDN will help us to resolve the issue. Please suggest me.

Also the error refers to some RFC connection, any idea on that.

Thanks to all and looking for your valuable suggestions.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As gerard mentioned, it's a hostname problem. Thanks all for your suggestions. It's working now.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

How did you solve this problem. could you tell in detail we are experiencing the same issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Have you checked the below link ?

/message/8233064#8233064 [original link is broken]

Cheers.....,

Raghu

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In which client your UME records are linked to? Generally its with 001. Check whether you have kept same DDIC password for 001 too.