cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at sender JDBC communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While executing JDBC(MS-Access)-PI-RFC interface, we are getting error in sender JDBC communication channel. The error is as following:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=
sappidev\Datatran\Database.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'.

I have checked various posts on forums and as per those no drivers installation is required to access MS-Access database and I am not able to find any post which could solve my problem.

Kindly guide me on what might be the problem and how this can be resolved.

Regards,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=\\sappidev\Datatran\Database.mdb'

Are you sure that you have entered the above correctly in the JDBC Channel?

If we follow this blog: /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn Step 4....it should not be \ but should be /

//sappidev/Datatran/Database.mdb

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank for your replies.

I have tried by putting '/' instead of '\' but still it also doesnt work. I have one more query now, to run MSAccess-PI-RFC interfcae, should MS-Access be installed in the PI server? As of now MS-Office is not installed in our Pi system.

Regards,

NJ

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
should MS-Access be installed in the PI server?

There is no such compulsion, however your XI/ PI server should be able to access the location where it is installed....concept similar as it is for setting up a FTP.....and maybe the reason for getting the above error could be that XI server is not able to access the MS-ACCESS db.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether MS Office is installed on the PI Server. the required drivers are avialble with MS Office. I faced the same issue, however after installing MS Office it started working.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, now the MS-Access is installed on the server and our pidev server is a 64-bit windows machine. I am trying to connect to MS-Access database without DSN. I have checked various replies on SDN and also I have inquired about the error with Micosoft regarding what extra drivers we need to install to get this interface working but it is of no help still.

If anybody has come across the same error than kindly guide me in resolving this problem.

Thanks,

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked this thread?

They seemed to have a similar issue which was due to the SP of the JAVA and ABAP stack not being in sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

That error ALWAYS means your DSN name is incorrect or can't be accessed for some reason (permission). The ODBC part says that the bridge is working.

But that DSN is 100% wrong or cannot be seen by the user account that the server is running as. Make sure you have a system DSN and not a user one.

You can refer these....

http://bytes.com/topic/java/answers/625400-java-sql-sqlexception-microsoft-odbc-driver-manager-data-...

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread13092.html#

Hope this will help you....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.