cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPRouter as Windows Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAPRouter on a Unix system. I am currently running router on a putty session on any of the PCs available in the network. Now I want to put this service as a Windows service on a Windows server. Following "note # 525751 - Installation of the SNC SAPRouter as NT Service" will work?

Pls advise.

Thanks,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What a strange question !

Do you think that SAP will describe a procedure in a note because it does NOT work ?

If you really want to know just try it !

PS : we have several saprouter running as Windows services...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Apologies for not being clear in my earlier question.

The note describes process of setting up SAPRouter as NT Service when SAPRouter is installed on the same system. My requirement is different. My SAPRouter is installed on a Unix box and I want to run the service on a different Windows box.

Following the note mentioned therein, will the setup work?

Regards,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note describes process of setting up SAPRouter as NT Service when SAPRouter is installed on the same system. My requirement is different. My SAPRouter is installed on a Unix box and I want to run the service on a different Windows box.

If you have installed SAP router on Unix, you cannot register as a windows service!

If you dont want the putty session to be open, run the saprouter command in background. ie,

saprputer <command arguments> & ;

click enter twice and you can then close the putty session. the router will run in background. If you want to confirm if the service is still running, then use ps command

ps -ef | grep saprouter

to kill / stop it, just execute:

saprouter -s

Regards,

Jazz