cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMPS - Transfer selective cost from PM to PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all the experts,

i've setup the integration between PM and PS, and i wonder whether it's possible to transfer selective cost from PM to PS instead of the total plan cost?

for instance, the plan cost in my PM order:

pm labour cost 2000

material cost 3000

i would like to transfer 3000 instead of 5000 to PS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rachel,

For your selective budget control requirements pls go thru the following:

Obligatory Customizing Setting

In the budget profile, you define all values required for the budgeting process.

To do so, in Customizing:

For projects, choose Project System --> Costs --> Budget --> Maintain Budget Profile.

For internal orders, choose Controlling --> Internal Orders --> Budgeting and Availability Control --> Maintain Budget Profile.

The tolerance limits for the checks during activity control are defined for each transaction group of a budget profile.

For internal orders, choose Controlling--> Internal Orders --> Budgeting and Availability Control -->Define Tolerance Limits for Availability Control.

For projects, choose Project System -->Costs --> Budget -->Define Tolerance Limits.

For more information, see Specifying Tolerance Limits.

Optional Customizing Settings

Exempt cost elements are those which are not included during availability control

For projects, choose Project System -->Costs -->Budget -->Specify Exempt Cost Elements.

For internal orders, choose Controlling --> Internal Orders --> Budgeting and Availability Control --> Define Exempt Cost Elements for Availability Control.

Regards

VikasD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thanks for your feedback.

i've assigned to labour cost in the exempt cost element from availability control, but the system still post the total plan cost from PM to PS.

for example, the plan cost in my PM order:

pm labour cost 2000

material cost 3000

i would like to transfer 3000 instead of 5000 to PS.

any relevant user exit or img setting can help with this issue.

regards,

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

I fail to see the value add here - Nitin has already pointed out the necessary config path, we are all professionals and know where to look. Please refrain from such lengthy posts of no value - this seems to be just a copy from sap help.

Hi rachel

The question is very clear and there is no need to repeat the same. If you read posts above the answers are also there.

There is no other relevant user exit or IMG setting.

Regards

Virendra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selective transfer of Cost from any order to PS in not possible. Maintenance order is one type of Order, For integrating order cost to PS, there is only one customization in PS ( OPSV- Order Value Update )

System will not get any sense how to segregate the cost. By the way, what your requirement to have this type of cost segregation. ( I guess mostly, it is budgeting related )

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your feedback, and you're right, we need to exclude the labour cost for the budgeting control. so, is there any user exit for me to segregate the cost before transfer to PS, or changing standard program would be the only solution?

thanks & best regards,

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check T code OPTK transaction ((Menu path is IMG->PS-->Cost -->budget ) You need to give you labout cost planning element here for excluding the same from PS Budget availability control.

With Regards

Nitin P.