cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same file name in File Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have IDOC to file scenario. In one of the IDOC segment File Name is coming . I will do the mapping of IDOC to File.

I want that file name that is coming in IDOC segment to be as name of my file that I put at File system.

Pls suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested above you can use the variable substitution if the filename filed is a part of the target message ..

if it is not then you can use the Dynamic Configuratoin parameters for setting the file name at the receiver..

All you need to do is to create a UDF and need to select the Adapter specific message attributes in the reciever adapter...

for more details on the UDF search the SDN and you can find lot of threads on the same

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Since in order to use Dynamic Configuration use have to set ASMA settings in Sender CC, now here in this case sender is IDOC so you cannot do that and hence Dynamic configuration will not be possible. The only easy solution will be Variable Substitution.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know any blog for variable substituion for whole process displayed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachit,

Just follow these steps:

1.> Receiver Communication Channel-> File Acess Parameters> File name schema--->%fieldname% where fieldname is the dynamic value taken from the message

2.> Enable Variable substitution-> variable name:fieldname->reference--->payload : message_type,fieldname

This will help to understand the receiver file adapter to take the value from payload fieldname and create the output file name.

I hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below blog for the same

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Please let me know any blog for variable substituion for whole process displayed.

Here in this wiki you can see the same example..

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XIDateStampinFile+Name

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please check:

Advanced Tab Page

Variable Substitution (Target Directory/File Name Scheme)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

And very helpful blogs:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

BR,

Dzmirty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use variable substitution options of File Adapter to achive your goal.

Br,

Dzmiotry