cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I would like to know more about the SAP IDES licensing procedures. I know this product is free and is accessible only if you are a SAP customer. Getting it means you have to order from SAP using your Customer number (or if you have the patience, download from OSS, still using your customer details).

Now, my question is, with so many companies on the internet selling pre-installed SAP IDES software or even machines behaving as Virtual servers with many usage types of NetWeaver (IDES versions), what is the licensing implications regarding this. i.e. is SAP ok with someone buying this from a third party?, i.e. if I bought this and I am not a SAP customer, what will the licensing issues be if I decide to use it as a training server for SAP enthusiast out there.

Now, some companies are using this for training purposes. Surely if you are getting money out of it, it makes it a commercial usage, or does it?

if someone has an understanding of this, please share some light.

Regards

R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAbuza,

I accept this...IDES is only for training and work as tutorial, but not for commercial purpose.

Somebody can use this commercial purpose, but deffenately SAP will take necessary legal actions on the same.

(Once they had full witness).

Suggesting you to close this message and open in some other forum like...Coffe Corner.

Regards

Nick Loy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether it is IDES version or production version, procedure of getting license is same.

with so many companies on the internet selling pre-installed SAP IDES software, what is the licensing implications regarding this. i.e. is SAP ok with someone buying this from a third party?, i.e. if I bought this and I am not a SAP customer, what will the licensing issues be if I decide to use it as a training server for SAP enthusiast out there.

Now, some companies are using this for training purposes. Surely if you are getting money out of it, it makes it a commercial usage, or does it?

I think clear answer for above querys is difficult in SDN.

buying SAP software from third party(like pre-installed SAP IDES) is definitely an offense.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.