cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a few questions about a database load. I'll try to be clear if something it's not clear please ask me because I'm still a Basis junior.

So this is the scenario.

I have a SAP R/3 4.7 Enterprise on an SUN Solaris 9 with Oracle 9.2.0.6 64 bit - for this system I made an full offline backup on an remote tape drive.

Now I have another system: Solution Manager 3.2/ABAP on an Linux Suse 9 Enterprise and Oracle 9.2.0.7 32 bit

What I want to make it's just transport the Solaris database content to the Linux box.

Can I do a Database Disaster Recover (using the same remote tape drive) on the Linux box, so like that just load and overwrite everything in the Linux box ?

I don't know if the tape will be compatible with Linux, the settings are not the same in initSID.sap between the two systems.

Is there other solution?

Thanks.

PS: I tried an NFS copy of data files between the two systems but the Solaris system it's a production system and it's very loaded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would be doing a database migration here. You cant just restore the database on Linux from Solaris.

Follow the migration guide. This is a complicated task and will involve a lot of work.

Regards

Cyrus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

For migrating a SAP system there is a System Copy procedure from SAP. I am not exactly sure which ABAP versions are supported. Please try to search for a SAP note regarding system copy for your system (Migrating to different DB/OS is usually refered to as "Heterogeneous System Copy"). I think such notes generally advice to create a support message and wait for input/guidelines from SAP. They can give you the best advice with respect to your data sizes, system load and possibility of downtime.

Best regards, Dido