Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rosettanet - Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here is our question related to PIP4A3 in Rosettanet. Please help

We have configured 2 Scenario's. One with Sender as HTTP Adapter and Receiver as RNIF2.0 Adapter. Another Scenario RNIF2.0 as Sender and RFC adapter as receiver. Both these Scenarios exist in the same Rosettanet Compliant Sandbox system. So the Target URL of the Receiver RNIF of First scenario and Source URL of the sender RNIF of 2nd Scenario are the same (which is the Rosettanet Compliant Systems Messging system). While we were testing, the 2nd Scenario is being called but throwing an Error

**Message with PIP instance ID "ID number" already exists; PIP instance ID must be unique within the sender domain..**

Any idea of what error this is? Is it possible to have both these Scenario's in the same system? What is this PIP Instace ID and does it get Generated only once per system or something?

Appreciate your ideas on this

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

How are you testing these interfaces?

If a Rosettanet compliant sender system is actually sending the message, it would generate a new PIP instance id every time its sends a message.

I think, If you are trying to test from rwb or something, then this problem might occur.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your ideas. I am testing using the same Rosettanet Compliant system which is the sandbox. So both the scenarios are in the same system and i am trying to call the 2nd one from the first one. In my case HTTP sends the data and my sandbox system receives it(RNIF Receiver configured). do we get a PIP Instance id ? and then it will call the 2nd Scenario where the sender is the Sandbox (RNIF sender) and receiver is R/3 (RFC Receiver)..do we get another PIP Instance ID here?

Please let me know if this configuration is right..if not what are the other ways using which we can test. We do not have Rosettanet business package or Self test kit.

Thanks

Srini

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

When you send any message from XI it generate a Message id for it. You cannot pass the same message id message again into same XI system.