cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMMUNICATION CHANNELS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Is it possible to use the same Communication channels (Sender & Receiver) for different interafces??

Already there are CC developed, can i use them if they are uesul to my requirement??

If i have to use them shld i do changes to their name , ??

thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Is it possible to use the same Communication channels (Sender & Receiver) for different interafces??

This depend upon what type of communication channel you are using. In File type adpter you cannot use one communication

channel in multiple sender agreement. If you try to do it you will get error while activating the object. For RFC/IDoc/XI you can use single communication channel in multiple scenario.

But try to use different cc for different scenario if it is feasible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What if the Sender is JMS and receiver is IDOC???

can i Re-use these CC'S???

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can re-use them.

If you notice, you do not specify the name of the message interface in the creation of the communication channel.

It is only in the Agreements, you specify the interface names.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my scenario i am creating Dummy interfaces, if i use the Same CC for sender and receiver which are being used by other scenarios, does that arise any problem??? And if i use the Same CC, does they conflict for any reason , can we perform testing to check whether the scenario/interafce is successfull or not???

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless and until you change the connection parameters in the communication channel you can go ahead and reuse them.....this wont cause any harm to the existing interfaces (which are using these channels).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the message interfaces are different for your interfaces and which can be identified from the source message itself...

then you can use the same sender interface and receiver interfaces...

if it is not the above case then its safe to use the different sender channels for your interfaces and receiver channel can be reused i.e same receiver can be used as the channel is idoc...

Also you can test the both interfaces with using same sender channel...

Also keep one point that it should affect other interfaces if any new enchancement has to be done in future....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes you can reuse CC provided the data specified in the CC does not change according to the new requirement. Also, if the detail chnage at a later time, you need to change in just one CC. However if there is an issue with the CC, all the scnearios with different interfaces with stop working.,

Regards

Monika

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

You can resue IDoc and RFC communication channels,remaining cases most of time we need to create different communication channel for every interface.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In General,yes it possible to use the communication channels for other scenarios.But you change the parameters based upon your requirement(i.e your Sandbox system/Test System)

For example, for File sender or receiver adapter. you just change the filenames ,source directory & Target Directory based upon the your namings.

But real time processing it's not be acceptable like that.

Thanks,

Sateesh.