cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in importing request on PRD Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not a BASIS Guy and i am doing it on behalf of it. I had released the requets form Dev Client and then i am importing it to the PRD Server and i had used Tcode STMS in which there is field specified import request . I clicked over it and then specified the client i.e. PRD Server and then it gives the msg that IMPORT IS RUNNING .

It has been almost 40 minutes now and it is a single report which is taking a lot of time to import.

I had checked on the Cust & Development Client that it shows the request has been released successfully.

Is there anything which i am doing wrong ? Please guide me for it....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double Click on the Transport Request and Check the transport logs by clicking Goto->Transport Logs.

Check if there are any errors.

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I had checked the transport log in which there are no errors i.e. on DEV and

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

What is your transport strategy set in STMS.Is there only DEV & PRD system available in your landscape.I hope there must be three system landscape ie DEV-> QUA-> PRD

So once you release request DEV it will go to buffer of domain controller howvere you have to release this reaquet after testing it in QUA system to be able to import this into PRD system.Its not recommended to import request dire3ctly after releasing from DEV system.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The below are the messages given :-

Hi,

I had checked the transport log in which there is following information present:-

DEV        System DEV

Checks at Operating System Level         23.12.2009 17:33:19    (0) Successfully Completed
           Pre-Export Methods                                 23.12.2009 17:33:24    (0) Successfully Completed
           Export                                                      23.12.2009 17:33:32    (0) Successfully Completed
           Transferring System                               24.12.2009 11:09:24    (0) Successfully Completed

Import steps not specific to transport request

PRD
Selection for Import                                              23.12.2009 17:33:32    (0) Successfully Completed
Copy File Between Transport Groups                 24.12.2009 11:09:24    (0) Successfully Completed
 Import steps not specific to transport request

Edited by: nav009 on Dec 24, 2009 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if any of the file systems is full on Production.

On which OS your DEV and PRD are running ?

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check it on the file system on th PRD Server . Well the Windows 2003 Server is installed. yesrterday i got the problem in the DEV server which is off low disk space and today i am getting it on the PRD Server while importing.

I had freed some spcae on the development server too and today i think this might be happening same in PRD Server... I have to check it on...

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is tp program running on OS level?

Also please check files in <TRANS_DIR>/log (usually /usr/sap/trans/log) and <TRANS_DIR/tmp> if possible post logs from here.