Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA setup for a refreshed system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF I copy a system that is under CUA, do I have to remove CUA first?

Or can I copy the system and on the target system, delete the CUA?

What is the best practice for system refreshed and CUA?

Thanks

Weyland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weyland,

There is lot of information available of previous sdn thread and help.sap.com . Below is one of link:

Hope it helps.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best parctice is to detach the CUA fom the system and then go for system copy.

Regards,

Ratan Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weyland,

There is lot of information available of previous sdn thread and help.sap.com . Below is one of link:

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to detach the CUA first, before starting with client copy to avoid inconsitency..

Like Client Copy profile includes User Master Records from the source client (SAP_ALL or SAP_USER profile), you should deactivate CUA in the target client.Otherwise, the users in the target client will remain untouched. If you

don't need to copy the User Masters from the source, use a client copy profile that excludes User Master Records,

Also check the pending Idocs to be processed in target client before detaching from CUA. Correct the logical system name and RFC after system copy to make it again functional with CUA.

Cheers