cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print chinese characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

A script is triggered when i run the transaction FBL5N and a form is printed.

The issue is, i am unable to see the chinese text in the preview as well as print.

The chinese characters appers as ###, check boxesor some other symbols.

Tried chaging the priner settings also(ouput device and device type)

Tried changign the font family aslo.(CNKAI and CNHEI)

The functional consultant says using the existing priner settings they are able to print chinese characters through some other transactions like VF03

Waiting for positive responses.

Regards

Akmal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See [note 302228 - NLS trouble shooting: printing (collective note)|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/302228]: Characters on printout printed as nothing, #, ?, ., box, other character. It contains a detailed procedure how to analyze and solve. See also note 753381 which contains a Word document (attachment) with a more detailed classification of character damage.

By the way, do you log in SAP in Chinese, do you have a Unicode system, do you use frontend printing, does your computer have Asian support installed, is the font installed on your computer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check what font they are using for forms in SD then assign the same font to ur forms...then try..

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There may be many psssibilities.

1) If you are working with version below ECC make sure unicode settings are enabled. use tcode i17n ( take your basis help)

2) Make sure the output device(printer) you are trying to print or preview is unicode enabled.

Regards,

SaiRam