cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dot Matrix Printer 'Compuprint9070' printing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a requirement in our project to print data on a pre-printed paper for which they are using a DOT matrix printer model 'COMPU9070'. The smartform is showing data correctly in print-preview but while printing it is showing erroneous results. It is ignoring the font size, line spacing, character spacing and after printing some data on one page, it is skipping 2 pages and then printing rest of data.

I have searched posts for this but most of them tell to consult basis people, since there is no basis person in the project i want to know where exactly i can look and how i can change the settings of printer to get correct data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your printer emulation and the SAP device type for the output device must match.

For example, if you use IBM Proprinter emulation, then use device type IBM4232.

If you use Epson emulation, then you may have a look at note 1135053.

What are your emulation and device type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I do not know the emalution type but device type that we are using is "COMPU960" and i checked the note given by you for EPSON emalution , it doesnt have any device type naming "COMPU960".

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

COMPU960 device type uses STN2 driver (line printer), it's why formatting is ignored. Do not use this device type. Use a device type which corresponds to the printer emulation, Epson or IBM proprinter according to the Compuprint 9070 documentation (read the printer manual how to see it)

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Dec 30, 2009 5:35 PM