cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM for checking File logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

We have a requirement in Sender file FTP scenario to check for a Trigger file first before picking the actual data file.becuase the sender system generates a trigger file after data file is created so we have to check for the trigger file first and then process the actual data files.

I am planing to use BPM for this requirement

one sender file communication channel will search for the Trigger file and second file sender communication channel will search for the data file, once both are available i will pass the Data file to the receiver ,using BPM how can i check this logic and how to move this data ..

Can any one send me the steps to be used in the BPM and give me helpfull details for this requirement based on BPM.

thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your first step will be Receive to pick the data file, then send step will again be receive to pick the data file. By having them in sequence, it will ensure that your data file polling is done only after the existence of the trigger file. Your third could be transformation, and your fourth a send step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then send step will again be receive to pick the data file

what do u mean by this .? the second step will be again receiver step or send step.. ?

its very confusing ... Can you pls explaing this in little detials both the design and config.. ?

Regards

Souz

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Second step should be Receive step and I think Preeti meant the same. You have to pick the file twice, so it is very logical to use receive step twice.

In configuration, you have to create two receiver determination, one for each receive step.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i use the second step also receiver step its asking for corrilation ..how can i handel tht what corrilation i need to give..

if i dont give any corrilation and check its showing error.

regards

Souz

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correlation is mandatory when there are more than one Receive Steps.

In your case it will help correlate between the Trigger file and the corresponding Data File....it will ensure that DATA1 file for TRIGGER1 is processed and not for TRIGGER2

You have to correlate these two message using a field which will have same value in the Trigger and the Data file.

I hope ther does not arise a case when you have Trigger1 file and Data2 file....in such a case the BPM will error saying that correlation not found.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i my case we have one trigger file and muliple data file ..and also i am not doing any content conversion also.

how can i manipulate this corrilation as may be some Dummy enrty .. ?

regards

Souz