SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register Relationship for Meters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DM Guru's

I have an Requirement to Dismantle the Register relationship , Pls find below the steps and guide me if I need to perform /Include any other process ,

1. Extract all the Installations having Meter Networks ( EASTI /EASTS)

2.Pass all the Installations to the std function module 'ISU_S_REGRELSHIP_PROVIDE'

in order to extract all the Sub meters ( Based on operation codes 03 & 04 )

3.Then Delete Register Relationship through EG76 (BDC)

4.Then perform Billing Related Removal EG35 (Pls suggest any std function module or go with BDC)

My Quries :

1. Devices Installed in the same Installation ( one Main meter & 3 Submeters) so all the four Devices installed in same Installation ,where I need to perform Technical removal here .

2. In one Installation there are 3 Meters one is main & 2 is Sub and two sub meters having their own Sub Installation with the register relationship .

Pls guide me how to handle the above mentioned two scenarios in terms of Register relationshop removal.

3.Only Billing relevant removal is enough for the submeter in Main Installation or we need to remove technical as well .

4.If we remove the relationship wef the day before the change is made in SAP this will be part way through a billing cycle for any of the meters - will this cause issues when the next cycle bill is raised i.e. when the next bill is raised for the main meter will it raise a bill showing the sub meters consumption deducted up to the date the relationship has been removed and then all consumption from that date forward? Please clarify?

Kindly suggest any furhter steps I need to take or guide me any other way to perform efficiently.

Edited by: William Eastman on Jan 21, 2010 3:24 PM

8 REPLIES 8

chaiphon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

This is the step that I perform in our project when we want to remove meter and its register relationship.

1) Update & complete disconnection document (if needed).

2) Use function 'ISU_S_REGRELSHIP_PROVIDE' to extract all meter data from installation.

3) Use BDC to Delete Register Relationship through EG76.

4) Then remove all meters and its CT/PT. All steps will be performs by BDC for transaction EG32. The hardest part is that you need to select the order of the meter and sub meter in order to make BDC program smart enough to pick the correct one according to this sequence.

4.1) Remove sub meter

4.2) Remove CT/PT

4.3) Remove Main meter

- Meter can also be remove by function 'ISU_S_INSTLN_CHANGE' but it is hard to fill in a data and control if you want to remove multiple meters. therefore, I choose to write my own BDC.

5) Update installation facts and other data on installation (if needed).

6) Create interim bill (if needed).

I am not sure about technical remove and billing remove because we normally use EG32 to do it.

Hope it helps,

Chaiphon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaipon / Shiva ,

Thanks for your help.

Please guide me about below mentioned scenario's ,when & where its applicable .

And pls provide me how is our approach on EG32 for the below mentioned scenario's.

1. Devices Installed in the same Installation ( one Main meter & 3 Submeters) so all the four Devices installed in same Installation ,where I need to perform Technical removal here .

2. In one Installation there are 3 Meters one is main & 2 is Sub and two sub meters having their own Sub Installation with the register relationship .

Thanks ,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Let me know one thing,Are you want to remove only particular device from an installation?

In case if you want to remove all the devices from a installation ,you can very well go for full removal .

The full removal transaction EG32 will be used to remove the device from both of the installations for billing purposes and from the device location technically if device location is used as the selection option.

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva ,

Thanks for your reply ,

I need to dismantle all the Sub Meters only from main meters ( remove all the 04 operation codes in the system ....our customer dont want to continue register relationship meter types ....)

Main meters continue at the same Installation and billing continue with that main meters for the Installation.

Pls also light on me the type of register relationships (serial switching etc)

Thanks ,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At EG76,

Dont Mention Installaion at the initial screen....

and Delete the relationships that u dont want...

Edited by: William Eastman on Jan 28, 2010 8:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Hope Chaiphon's post could help you and regarding the billing and technical removal pls follow the below explanation.

Technical removal

Technical removal is used to remove the device from its allocation to the device location. If the removal process is executed in its separate components: billing related and technical removal, the billing related removals must be performed first.

Technical removal is performed using the device location object.

Billing-related removal

Billing related removal is performed at the installation level. It is also used as the first step in a meter reversal process (see below). Rate data is terminated when the billing removal is performed.

Full removal

Full removal processes both the billing related removal and the technical removal. If processed at the device location level, a device allocated to a dual contract model can be removed in a single step process.

SAP Easy Accessu2192 Utilities Industry u2192 Device Management u2192 Device Installation u2192 Removal u2192 Full (Transaction EG32)

All rate data and relationships with other devices are deleted on the removal date. However, they can still be traced using the time slices. SAPu2019s time slices provide for detailed tracking of a meteru2019s movements over its life cycle. You can also enter the meter reading recorded at the time of removal.

Note: SAP time slices the removal date and time as 23:59 the DAY BEFORE the activity date. For example, if the activity date is January 15, 2004, the removal date and time stamp is shown as January 14, 2004, 23:59. SAP time slices removals and installations using a full 24 hour time period.

The system status of the device is updated to AVLB from INST (installed) when the meter is removed. A Goods Movement transaction will be executed to either retire the meter or return it to a storage location for reuse.

Therefore i suggest you to go for Full installation which would solve all your problems.

Regards

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva / Chipon ,

In our system below mentioned two scenarios has been implemented ,

Pls provide whats the difference between the two's and when we use the options .

Did we perform Full removal for both the below scenario's Pls confirm .

Thanks ,

Hari.

0 Kudos

Hi Champs,

I need to end register relationship for one sub meter out of 4 sub meters.

There are one main meter and 4 sub meters, need to break register relationship for one sub meter only and keep the register relationship as it is for rest of the meters.

Please suggest the steps how to perform it in foreground using T-Code EG76.