SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Ad Content in AMC through BAPI_AMC_ADC_CREATEFROMDATA

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a scenario where we have to create Ad Orders as well as Ad Contents thorugh an ABAP program. The Ad content will consist only of some basic texts. I tried using BAPI_AMC_ADC_CREATEFROMDATA to create the Ad content and then creating the Ad Order using BAPI_ADMGMTSO_CREATEFROMDATA passing the Technical Ad SPec ID to the Ad Spec. Both these steps get complete without errors but when I open teh order in CIC0 and then navigate to the IS-M/AMC UI I am getting an error "XmlFile.loadXmlFile(): java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: Not valid xml document - xml declaration is not found". I tried populating different fields in teh BAPI but still getting the same error. Have any of you worked on a similar requirement? Is there some other approcah I can try? Any pointers on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Praveen

Edited by: Muthu Praveen on Dec 23, 2009 1:47 PM

• SAP Managed Tags:
2 REPLIES 2

Mandheer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I hope the issue below has been resolved by now.

The Ad content is stored as XML(native editor format) in M/AMC. This explains the error you get when trying to open an Ad created thru the interface.

In case of web scenario or interface, where you plan to create the Ad content from external source other than CIC, you will need to use the Server Mode Interface.

Please see documentation for server mode interface at :

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_amc30/helpdata/en/index.htm ]

Please also see documentation regarding process which describes how you run IS-M/AMC UI in the server mode to enter ad content.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_amc30/helpdata/en/index.htm ]

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mandheer

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Mandheer,

Thanks for your response. We have identified a workaround for the XML error but haven't been able to get hold of the server mode. From the documentation it looks like the server mode is initiated in java and in the AMC system. Since I am from an ABAP background can you help me in how this interface has to be initiated? I mean do we have to build an interface which would directly call these methods in AMC? Is there any more detailed documentation on server mode?

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen

• SAP Managed Tags: