cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and SMS Alerts - Solution Manager - PI and EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to do the below scenario.....But somehow i am lost in the process.

I have a three system PI landscape and a Solution Manager. I have included the DEV PI in solution manager for CCMS,the CCMS agents are online and it also reflects in RZ20.

Now the requirement is SOLMAN should send email and sms alerts in below situations which occur in PI system.

1.The ABAP or JAVA engine goes down.

2.One of the filesystem crosses certain predefined limit.

3.Any of the java server node stops working

4.If any critical job gets cancelled in sm37

I am looking at steps on how to define the alert categories, auto reaction methods, also the nodes where i have to assign these auto reaction methods.

I have gone through CCMS documentations, played all sim files and gone through most of the pdf files but i am not able to establish proper steps to do it.

I am Redhat Linux,Oracle 10g, SOLMAN 7 with PI7

Can i extend the same for the EP systems also which are pure Java Stack Systems ?

Also i would like to know if i can send customized alert messages.

Best Regards

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What part is exactly confusing you?... You mainly need to set choose the MTE's you need to monitor then simply assign an Auto-reaction method

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your response.

I am looking at the MTE classes i.e for the above situations which MTE classes are required.

Also i have read in some document that we can send the alerts directly to the email IDs and cell numbers without having to mention them in user masters in SU01. Where to mention these ?

I have my SCOT settings done for email servers.

The process which i had built up in my mind is all mixed up and i am lost where to do which configuration

Best Regards

Raghu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the Alert Monitor guide?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/28/83493b6b82e908e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

All the info you need is there, including MTE's, auto-reaction methods, customizing, etc, etc...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much for the info.

I dont think i have gone through this completely, but i have seen parts of it.

Let me go through this completely and will get back in case of any issues.

Thanks once again.

Best Regards

Raghu

Answers (0)