Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function buttons in Graphical Mapping are disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All !

We have PI 7.0

The function buttons that appear in the graphical mapping screen show disabled even in change mode.

As a result functions such as Map all fields in node with same names, templates etc cannot be used.

Can there be any reason for this?

Would request you to point to me any useful info.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is becuase of incorrect java version on your PC. Use Java1.4.2_16 for example. It may also possible that you java version got updated automatically. So better to check in Java Web Start (File>Prefrences>Java), make sure only Java 1.4.2 is checked rest everything (if any) should be unchecked.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I checked on the path provided by you and indeed there were two versions which were enabled.

I kept only one of the version as enabled saved the settings and restarted the system. Still the problem persists.

Also my java version is actually 1.4.2_05. I had omitted 05 in last reply because I guess that doesnt really matter.

Would welcome any more possiblities to explore.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should solve your problem. Try removing other version from your PC, & secondly it doesn't matter if version is 1.4.2_05 or 1.4.2_16.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankesh ,

Usually it happens when you have more then 2 JRE Versions . Which comes if you have checked the auto update of JRE on . and system keeps updating the jre .

solution :

1. Keep only one version of JRE as active. In control panel. you will see more than 1 jre version under java run time environment inside java. Check the one you want to keep active .

2. restart the machine .

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All !

I tried to run IR on another machine on which there exists only JRE 1.6.0. Problem still persists.

On my machine I have JRE 1.6.0 and Java SDk 1.4.2 and the same problem comes.

Problem is only that some 5 functions are not working in Graphical Mapping editor. Rest all are working perfectly fine.

Though the problem could be because of JRE having multiple versions, but i have ruled this out because on a machine having only single version of JRE the problem is the same.

Thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I tried to run IR on another machine on which there exists only JRE 1.6.0. Problem still persists.

It should be JRE 1.4.2_xx, since you have 1.6.0 therefore same problem here too.

> On my machine I have JRE 1.6.0 and Java SDk 1.4.2 and the same problem comes.

Remove JRE 1.6.0 and then try.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem could be because of two version of JRE's available in your system,betetr to uninstal one,and use jre 1.4.update.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the same at another PC where there was just one Java runtime environment installed but the same problem persisted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And which version was that exactly? PI 7.0 only works correct with Java version 1.4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any config anywhere in PI for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.4.2 is the correct version. I believe you need 1.4.2.12 to be precise but that shouldn't really matter. Can you try and delete the entire Java cache (especially the cached applications)?