Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending legacy data as well as sap data at the same time

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

say my client gone live on sap.. but still there most of the data in legacy (say flat file comma delimited ) and part of data in sap application layer.. say i wanna transfer the data in large amount to a reporting tool which is receiver side without data loss... how to achieve this. what are the way is possible???

Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you wnat to use XI then you can transfer the legacy files by using File Adapter else use FTP. Can you describe it a lil more..

Regards,

Sarvesh

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. i know how to transfer flat file and how to transfer data from sap.. my requirements is like the legacy system data and sap data are corelated it should be transfer at the same time without loss of data. how to achieve this?

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, If I understood your question properly then it can be achieved as mentioned below.

LegacySystem->PI->R3 (inbound Proxy), inside the proxy combine all the data and send it back to PI via outbound proxy and then PI will send it to receiving system.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji ,

We can use the look up features to accomplish the requirement .

different type of look ups are possible in SAP .

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=lookups&objID=f44&dateRange=all&numResults=15&rank...

Regards ,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

XI can do the designated work for you.

As you just want the file to be transferred from one location to another. In this case you will need to just generate Integration Diretory part no need to create Repository part.

but still there most of the data in legacy (say flat file comma delimited )

For this case you can use file adapter with transport protocol (File transport Protocol)

part of data in sap application layer..

For this case you can use file adapter with transport protocol (NFS).

Check below link for creation scenario without Repository part.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository