Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_OSS - What is the use of SAP_OSS user id in SAP system

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

What is the use of SAP_OSS user id in SAP system.

What mail id needs to be given for SAP_OSS user id as a good practice.

give me more details on SAP_OSS user information.

br

muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Olivier said, theres no requirement to keep or maintain SAP_OSS user... It was probably created by your own team (check who created the user)... based on this theres no need for a email for it.

SAPOSS is usually created as an RFC connection not a user.

Regards

JUan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks Oliver and Juan

in our SOST we got automatically received notification on one SRM business object.

thats why i am asking why the system trying to send a notification to SAP_OSS user id.

As oliver stated we do use for SAP helping peoplewho help us to open our box.

br

muthu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Obviously as SAP_OSS have been created as a support user it shouldn't receive any notifications... so you'll need to check what sort notification is and look for the source... Also is the notification send to this user only or is a collective thing?... It might be hardcoded in some program...

Anyhow, very hard to tell from here. At the end of the day if the user doesn't have a email populated it will not send data outside your system but I'll definitely look for the source.

Regards

Juan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan and Oliver.

let me see . Who is creating this notification and Why to SAP_OSS .

br

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_OSS is not a standard user. It means that its use is the one decided in YOUR company when the user was created.

From the name I can guess that it may be used to give access to your systems by SAP support...

Regards,

Olivier