Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User have authorization in Quality but not in PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a problem with a transaction code PSV1 used for attendence maintanance and it is used by HR people of our org.

Suddenly one day all the users were unable to change the attendence details of the users in the Production system, but they are succefully able to do in Quality. I have already checked the following to find whats the problem.

1. I have already checked if the user ids have same authorization in both Quality and Prod in terms of roles , parameters.

2.I already made sure that there is no SCUL error or IDOC flow from CUA to production.

3. I checked, the roles which gives access to maintain this are same in both QUALITY and PROD sys.

4. I looked for any change docs for the users for any changes as it stopped giving access suddenly one day that too only in PROD sys.

5.I took trace in ST01 for the user in QUA and PROD and found that its checking for same authorization in both sys and both have same auth.

6.Finally I approached ABAP team to Debug the program , but they came with no solution ( no prob with program).

So can you please let me know if did I miss any thing else to check or how to resolve this issue.Users are able to do it succesfully in Q but in not in Prod :(...

Thank you

Jaags

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain exactly what the symptoms are and what error messages they get

e.g. list the technical error message & the error number & describe what users can't do - like fields are greyed out etc.

0 Kudos

Can you explain exactly what the symptoms are and what error messages they get

e.g. list the technical error message & the error number & describe what users can't do - like fields are greyed out etc

Yes Actually I forgot to mention this in my Question. The Authorization error is unuusually showing in a Pop up window.

Its Saying " You do not have authorization to do this" .Generally it should be in the bottom of screen right but it is showing in a popup window.

And what HR associate is trying to Do is , they are going to PSV1 transaction and trying to create any new event and also maintain attendence for the event. they are not getting the change mode to update any detail.

And regrading the Error number , there is no error number displayed ,, so I have no idea.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 23, 2009 2:24 PM

code tags --> quote tags, otherwise the formatting is distorted.

0 Kudos

I place my bets on a customer exit or modification, which is either making hardcoded checks on the user names or the profile name.

Shouldn't happen, but....

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> Its Saying " You do not have authorization to do this" .Generally it should be in the bottom of screen right but it is showing in a popup window.

Then debug it yourself.

Immediately prior to this popup, enter "/h" into the okay field and hit Enter. Then use F5 with a watch on the field "sy-uname" and if you see it, then open the menu "Go to" -> "Navigate to source code"... and post the code here.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi ,

This problem got resolved.

Finally the problem is , the number range haas not been extended for number of events which was found in debugging by ABAP team and corrected by Functional .

Thank you all for support

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 3. I checked, the roles which gives access to maintain this are same in both QUALITY and PROD sys.

This might not be digging deep enough, if some nilly decided to generate profiles directly in PROD (e.g. create a role in PROD).

Please check in QA what the profile name(s) is for the role and what the value is of the field "ID" in table AGR_NUM_2, and post the infos here if you need help to understand it.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly try to Regenerate the profile directly in PRODUCTION which is rare phenomenon.sometimes due to config window resolutions may disrupt the profile parameters.Try to Regenrate the profile oncemore and let me know the response plz with errors faced.I hope this should solve the issue.

0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekaran,

I tried generating profile directly in Prod sys but still the same problem.

Thank you

Jagadish Bhandaru

0 Kudos

> Kindly try to Regenerate the profile directly in PRODUCTION which is rare phenomenon.sometimes due to config window resolutions may disrupt the profile parameters.Try to Regenrate the profile oncemore and let me know the response plz with errors faced.I hope this should solve the issue.

This is dangerous advise which I would not follow blindly, as you are likely to cause profile name collisions - depending on how your system SID's are named.

Please be carefull of this!