cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Releasing/Transporting Request from Cust & Development Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had made up a report and i trying to transport it into the PRD Server but the problem when i use Tcode SE09 and there i clicked on the su-request ID it got released and when i clicked on main request ID it has givne run time error. But again i execute the transaction code SE09 and tried to realease the main request ID ,it is not allowing me to do it as a Message displays :-

Task DEVK904185 has the status "Release started"

I dont know why it is happening ? I had relaesed a lot of request before but never faced a problem like that.

Please guide me how to solve this tranport problem..

Edited by: nav009 on Dec 23, 2009 7:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be some issue in the systems, Better check up with your basis team

Thanks

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

But i have to deal it with it because everytime i used to create or modify the report and after thourough chekcing i use to assign the package and then make a request and release it. This problem never came before . Even though i tried to change the requets in SE09 it is having the status Task DEVK904185 has the status "Release started" and not allowing me to change it...

Till now i am able to unlock the request through the tcode SE03 and then unlocking the request id but when i check it SE09 it is still having release status 'Release Started'.. and then it does not allows me to delete the request.

What should i do next to bring it to released or cancelled.....

Edited by: nav009 on Dec 23, 2009 9:14 AM

Edited by: nav009 on Dec 23, 2009 9:22 AM

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you ask in the correct forum -> SAP netweaver administrator

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Oh sorry for posting here but i am in real uregence that i forgot to post it over there.. but to move in that forum only moderators can do it...

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have asked already, let's see when they move it done. You should also have a look for SAP notes, you're probably not the first one having this problem.

Thomas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked that theres space in your transport directory?... also, any errors on the logs?

Regards

JUan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The error which had came during the releasing of main request id was:-

Short text
    Operating system cannot close file "\\piic071\sapmnt\trans\tmp\DEVE904185.DEV"
What happened?
    Resource bottleneck

The current program "SAPLSLOG" had to be terminated because
    a capacity limit has been reached.

I am currently at display mode of request in which there is a tab named object in which there are 2 lines present. These are:-

1. Comment Entry : Released ; Program ID : CORR(Comment Automatic) ; Object Id: RELE(Comment Entry: Released);

Object Name: DEVK904186 20091223 115834 ABAPER

2. Program.Program ID : R3TR(OBJECT) ; Object Type : PROG ; Object Name: ZBDC_MM01_R1ZBDC_MM01_R1

The package which we use is ZABAP which is used to transport all the creations and modifications it to the PRD Server...

Is there any way of solving this issue......

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The current program "SAPLSLOG" had to be terminated because

a capacity limit has been reached

You didn't answer my question... is the transport directory full?, Above statement point in that direction.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i dont know how to check it? i am not a BASIS person as i am developer. can you please specify me how to check it?

i will be really thankful for your help...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that theres space left on \usr\sap\trans at OS level.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is written only the name of the program,client,response time,interpretation time and round trip and flushes on the right side of the screen and left side there is nothing written....

is there any tcode to check it?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should get errors on SM21... in any case why don't you ask your basis crew to look at it?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the basis person is not for a 2 weeks and there is no one to look after it and i have to do it my self and yes now i had executed the tcode you had said i.e. SM21 what i should i check over there..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OS06 -> Detailes analysis menu -> FileSys -> Check /usr/sap/trans you should see % free if its full you know what the problem is.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had executed the tcode and i am able to see the menu like :-

CPU,MEMORY ,DISK,SWAP,FILE SYSTEM,ETC...

I am checking the FILE SYSTEM column in which i am getting these values:-

---------------
Wed Dec 23 16:45:08 2009
 Range 10  Second
----------------------------
|  | Kap. MB| Frei MB |Frei %|
|C:| 30,018  | 3,176 |   11 |
|D:|  4,001   | 2,955 |   74 |
|E:|  4,001   | 2,955 |   74 |
|F:|      0      |     0    |   74 |
|G:| 11,995 | 2,928 |   24 |
|H:| 20,019  | 1,039 |    5 |
|I:|120,137   | 4,361  |    4 |
|J:|152,687  |22,552 |   15 |

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

You will find teh exact cause of the error in SLOG file.

How to check SLOG?

1. Tx - AL11

2. Open the directory DIR_TRANS

3. Inside it, open directory log

4. Scroll down to find the latest file SLOGXXXX.SID

5. Check the last few lines of the file to find the error

Post it here.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a couple of drives with very low space... I presume you'll need to get a technically oriented person to help you as one of the drives contain the transport directory (You can probably find out on AL11 DIR_TRANS)...

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juan,

As per your information i had checked the development server and there was low disk space on the development server and i had removed the data from teh drive related to the transport and by removing it i am able to transport the data the request..

I am really thankful to you for your wonderfulll guidence... I think now even i try to learn more concept of BASIS tooo...

Edited by: nav009 on Dec 23, 2009 1:03 PM