2. 0 BBBB

2.1 GGG

2.2 HHH

3.0 CCCC

3.1 JJJ

3.2 KKK

3.4 LLL

3.5 MMM

All these are different MIC's grouping into one MIC. When we enter result for 1.1,1.2,1.3 if all the 3 are approved, 1.0 should automatically give as approved.The people who are taking userdecision should be able to see the summurized result that is 1.0,2.0,3.0. Is this option possible in SAP-QM.

Regards,

Shwetha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is one possible way but it is not all that slick.

You set up the three "sub" characteristics with automatic defect recording. Any out-of-spec result will create at least one defect for the characteristic(s).

You set up the "summarized" characteristic as a calculated characteristic with a spec of 0 (zero).

In the formula specify C40010 + C40020 + C40030.

C4 is the number of defects for the characteristic. Any value greater then zero will make this value out-of-spec.

Thus, if any of the sub characteristics are out--of-spec, the related calculated characteristic will also be out-of-spec. The value for the calculated characteristic would be the number of defects... 1, 2 or 3 probably.

In the UD, the characteristics that are out-of-spec are usually displayed right on the first screen, (chars relevant for the UD). That is standard, SAP delivered out of the box, unless some has changed the config for the UD screen on you.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig Snyder ,

1.For sub char Defects recrding i have checked . In result confirmation weather i have to select summ.recording or single recording?.

2.If any one of the sub characteristics are qualitative characteristic we cannot include subchar in the formula of main char.Can you tell me in that case what we have to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig Snyder ,

For qualitative sub MICs also I am able to use in the formula of main MIC.But the thing is the people who are taking usage desicion should be able to see only the main MIC Results not all.How can we do that.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way I believe it might be possible is to make the sub-characteristics optional and the main characteristis required. But that might not work. I think any rejected charac. will be displayed, optional or not. There is a view available I believe, for 'required chars only". But can't check in system right now.

The only other suggestion I can make is to indent the text in the short description a few spaces so that when they are displayed, the main ones are full left justified while the sub ones are indented a bit. It willl at least make them stand out better.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you manually valuate the "sub" characteristic as "A" even though the tolerance is out-of-spec on the sub characteristics, I believe the defect record will still be automatically created. If that is the case, you instruct the inspectors to always manually valuate the sub-characteristics with an "A". Set the main characteristics to be automatic valuation.

Since the sub ones will always have an "A" value they won't show as relevant to the UD. But the main ones will if any sub-characteristics had a defect recorded.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All these are different MIC's grouping into one MIC. When we enter result for 1.1,1.2,1.3 if all the 3 are approved, 1.0 should automatically give as approved

Logic can be build by user exit to valuate

QEEM0003 User exit: add. functions after valuating insp. characs

QEEM0006 User exit: add. functions after closing inspection characs

QEEM0015 User exit: add. functions after entering individual result

but this will really very complex requirement

But you requirement of "The people who are taking userdecision should be able to see the summurized result that is 1.0,2.0,3.0." is not possible

Regards

Sujit