Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL to BI Scenario

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have 9 scenarios.

XI is picking a data from SQL and sending to BI system.

Sender commuication channels poll interval = 7200 for all 9 channels.

Problem is: whenever i activate the channels my SQL server gets down and when i deactivate the XI channels sql starts working properly.

What could be the problem please let me know what can be done.

Receiver side I am using RFC.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I have also face same issue.When i am starting jdbc channel my Pi system is got Hanged.So i have changed my sql query using ROW NUM.

I will suggest 2 ways :

1) In Sender JDBC Adapter, write a query...

select * from Table_Name where status = 'X' and rownum < 10000

Select empno,empname from EMP where rownum<10000;

2) You can split the load.

Use a stored procedure rather than a SQL statement and send in optimal amount so that the message size is around 50 MB.

Duscuss with your BASIS guys on XI sizing and XI DB space..

Before applying the above methods, make sure tht u set the following parameter in SXMB_ADM

SXMB_ADM-> Int Engine configuration-> specific configuration-> category Tuning -> parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT-> set value to max..

ThanKs

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I also faced same issue, so tried to use your steps.But I am unable to find the EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT.Whether basis team has to add that field also in that table or it should appear by default.Please guide.

Regards,

Nutan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have 9 scenarios.

> XI is picking a data from SQL and sending to BI system.

PI should not be used for BI data.

Send data direct to BI without PI.

BI has its own technique for receiving data.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Refer the note Note 831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter point 14

JDBC Sender: Performance Issues After Configuring A Large Amount Of     Channels

* Q: After configuring a large amount of JDBC Adapter sender channels, the J2EE Engine becomes very slow and some services start to block. How can I solve this issue?

* A: Up to and including XI 3.0 SP13 each JDBC Adapter sender channel permanently consumes a J2EE application thread. To solve this issue, increase the number of configured J2EE application threads using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool ("cluster-data" -> "Global server configuration" -> "managers" -> "ApplicationThreadManager" -> "MaxThreadCount").
      Starting with XI 3.0 SP14 application threads are allocated on demand by the JDBC Adapter and returned to the thread pool after it has finished the polling sequence, so thread shortage situations will typically occur much more rarely than with earlier SPs.

Try to increase the number of J2EE application threads

Regards

Suraj

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

XI threads are set up to maximum what the server can support.

Now the thing is: I have 5 lakhs records in one SQL table i need to pick all, whenever i am activating the channel XI goes down, i believe it is due to the load.

What can be the solution please help.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Depending on the type of Database, you can restrict the number of records that you read at a time. So I will suggest you to read less records and then update the flag field of these records.

While doing this make sure you check serializable in Transaction Isolation Level of the communication channel

Regards

Suraj

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Ok fine i will make it serializable.

Depending on the type of Database, you can restrict the number of records that you read at a time.

where i can write this restriction to read a record, can you tell me what change i have to do in communication channel.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I would suggest you to search sdn & google on how to write query to restrict the number of records to be fetched. As I mentioned earlier the syntax will change based on the Database. Check these forum threads for a start

Regards

Suraj

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

If i dont check serializable in Transaction Isolation Level of the communication channel then what could be the consequences????

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar