cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how write condition in Interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to route the data based on a logic(which invovles the values of 4 fields in the source schema) in the interface determination. Can anyone please tell me where should i write the logic.

I am thinking of creating a new flag field in the target schema. Assign the value after checking the logic in Message mapping. And I want to use that flag in interface determination.

However I am not able to write condition in the Interface determination based on the target field value.

Can anyone pleasehelp me.

Thanks,

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think wht u r trying to do is content-based routing. For that you can create context objects and assign it to the fields in your structure. Create conditions while configuring your receivers using those context objects.

Regards,

Akshay

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your logic is complex, you can use an XPATH string for the interface determination. Look this thread:

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the steps required for "Enhanced Receiver Determination " is as given below.

<b>2. Now create the message mappings. In order to use the enhanced receiver determination, create a message mapping which has the target message as “Receiver Determination” in the SAP BASIS --> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.</b>;

But I am not able to see "receiver determination under SAP BASIS component ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

which service pack are you using ?

Enhanced Receiver Determination is available from SP16.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaphaneendra,

you need SP 16.

Regards,

Udo

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaphaneendra,

i think you need an <a href="/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16 Receiver Determination</a>, cause usually the condition for receiver determination is on the SOURCE message values.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can do the content based routing depending on the values of ur source field.U can specify the condition in the xpath.

check out this link for Xpath

http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/xpath_operators.asp

regards

jithesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>However I am not able to write condition in the Interface determination based on the target field value.</i>

the flow on message in XI is of this format,

<b>RECEIVER DETERMIANTION --> INTERFACE DETERMINATION --> MAPPING EXECUTION.</b>

Now, Interface determiantion is happening before mapping is ececuted and target message is produced, <b>conditional Interface and Receiver determinatuion can be done only on the basis of the source message.</b>

regards,

bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> However I am not able to write condition in the

> Interface determination based on the target field

> value.

The interface determination is performed before the mapping, so you can only do the interface determination based on the source.

Regards

Stefan